|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)
Sheila Mathews Allen (February 2, 1929 – November 15, 2013) was an American actress.
Life and career
Born Sheila Marie Mathews in New York City to Christopher Joseph and Elizabeth (née McCloskey) Mathews, she was married to producer Irwin Allen until his death in 1991. She appeared in several of her husband's TV series and movies through to 1986. Appearances include City Beneath the Sea, Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Following his death in 1991 she remained on the board of Irwin Allen Productions up until her death. She also served as a producer on the 2002 television remake of The Time Tunnel and as Executive Producer of the film Poseidon.
She died on November 15, 2013 at her home in Malibu, California, after an extended battle with pulmonary fibrosis.
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, 1 episode as Mrs. Melton
- Lost in Space (3 episodes; as "Aunt Gamma", "Brynhilda" and "Ruth Templeton", respectively)
- The Time Tunnel, (1966 - 1967 TV series), Producer
- Land of the Giants (2 episodes; as Miss Collier, Nurse Helg, respectively)
- City Beneath the Sea (TV movie), as the blonde woman
- The Waltons, 5 episodes, as "Fanny Tatum"
- Alice in Wonderland (TV movie), as Alice's Mother
- Outrage! (TV movie), as "Mrs. Delehanty"