|Member of Parliament|
January 21, 2004
|Political party||African National Congress|
|Website||ANC in Parliament|
Shiaan-Bin Huang (Chinese: 黄士豪; pinyin: Huáng Shìháo) is a Member of Parliament of South Africa and member of the African National Congress (ANC). He was also regional chairman of the IFP before floor crossing to the ANC.
Huang has a PhD Business Administration (USA) as well as an MBA (Wilson Institute of Management HK). He was the Deputy Mayor of Newcastle in KwaZulu-Natal as well as Executive Councillor of Newcastle from 1995 to 2004. He is the first Chinese Deputy Mayor in Newcastle's history.
Huang currently serves on the following South African Parliamentary Committees:
- Committee Member, Economic Development Committee.
- Committee Member, Portfolio Committee On Home Affairs
- Committee Member, Portfolio Committee On Public Works
In September 2009 a company, Ascendo Industrial, which is owned by Huang's wife was awarded a product licence by Global Brands Group to allowing Ascendo to use FIFA's logo and brand name for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. In a deal signed by Huang - who was company's managing director at the time - Ascendo Industrial then subcontracted the production of FIFA memorabilia to a Shanghai Fashion Plastic & Gifts in China.
- "Who's Who: Shiaan-Bin Huang". Who's Who South Africa. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "Proudly (NOT) South African". IPOC. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "ANC Member in Parliament". African National Congress. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "Cosatu: Statement by Patrick Craven, Congress of South African Trade Unions spokesperson, condemning ANC World Cup profiteer (01/02/2010)". Polity.co.za. Retrieved 23 December 2010.