Fishing Cactus (Shift Extended/Shifting World/Shift DX)
Armor Games (Shift 1-4)|
Zallag (Shift Extended)
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, PlayStation Network, Nintendo 3DS|
Shift is a Flash game series created and developed by Antony Lavelle and published by Armor Games. The game has been ported to several platforms, including iOS and PlayStation Minis. The gameplay revolves around pressing the shift key to flip the room. The games have had critical success with Shift 2 having a score of 87/100 on Metacritic.
In Shift, the player is in a room that is half black, half white, one of which is solid. When the player presses the Shift, the room flips upside down, and the opposite color becomes solid. The player tries to get keys and get to doors while avoiding spikes and other objects. Shift makes a few references in some levels to the popular Valve game Portal, with the phrases 'the timer is a lie!' and 'Now you're thinking with shifting'
- Shift was released February 1, 2008. It was released for iOS on May 1, 2009.
- Shift 2 was released April 12, 2008. It was released for iOS on Dec 22, 2010.
- Shift 3 was released October 27, 2008.
- Shift 4 was released May 20, 2009.
- Shift 2 Mini-game
- Shift: Freedom! (formerly known as AltShift), containing several minigames.
- Shift Lite is a version of the game released for iOS on May 2, 2009.
- Shift Extended is a version made by Fishing Cactus for PlayStation Minis on Jan 18, 2011.
- Shifting World is a game based on the Shift series that was developed by Fishing Cactus and was published by Arc System Works in Japan (where it is known as Shifting World: The White and Black Labyrinth (SHIFTING WORLD 白と黒の迷宮 Shifutingu Wārudo: Shiro to Kuro no Meikyū)), Aksys Games in North America and Rising Star Games in Europe for the Nintendo 3DS. It was released on April 24, 2012 in North America, April 26, 2012 in Japan and in September 28, 2012 in Europe.
- Shift DX (Nintendo 3DS)
- Shift Quantum (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch)
The iOS version of Shift 2 has a score of 87/100 on Metacritic. Slide to Play rated it 4/4, stating "Shift 2 has the most content of any game in the series on any platform, and it's a great way to spend a dollar."
- "Press Releases - SHIFT extended unfolds onPlayStation®3 / PSP™". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Shift Extended - PlayStation Portable - IGN". Psp.ign.com. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- Palley, Steve (2009-05-20). ":Shift: Review". Slide To Play. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- ":Shift!2: for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- ":Shift Lite: iPhone Video Game, :Shift Lite: Game for iPhone". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on January 6, 2010. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Shifting World Coming to Japan Courtesy of Arc System Works - News". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- Mark Wilson (Feb 6, 2008). "Shift (The Game, Not The Key)". Kotaku. Archived from the original on 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- "SHIFT: Freedom! | Puzzle & Skill Games | Play Free Games Online at Armor Games". Armorgames.com. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Mind-Bending Flash Favorite Shift Gains a 3D Twist in Shifting World". Kotaku.com. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- ":Shift!2: Critic Reviews for iPhone/iPad". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- Tim Rattray (January 21, 2011). "Shift 2 Review at Slide To Play". Slide to Play. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- "Shift Extended Critic Reviews for PSP". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- GameSpy: TGIF: This Game Is Free #20 -- SHIFT - Page 1
- Dave's Take on Shift 2 - Web Games Feature at IGN
- Daemon's Take on SHIFT 3 - Web Games Feature at IGN