Shigeto (electronic musician)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Birth name||Zachary Shigeto Saginaw|
|Origin||Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States|
|Labels||Ghostly International, Moodgadget Records, Portage Garage Sounds|
|Associated acts||ZGTO, School of Seven Bells, Zelooperz, Dabrye|
Shigeto is the stage name of Zachary Shigeto Saginaw, an American electronic musician originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan. His music has a diverse sound, influenced by jazz, his fellow Ghostly artists, and other sources. His melodic, beat oriented songs are a unique blend of instrumental hip hop and electronic music. He briefly attended School of Jazz at The New School in New York City but dropped out in 2003.
- Full Circle (Ghostly International, 2010)
- Lineage (Ghostly International, 2012)
- No Better Time Than Now (Ghostly International, 2013)
- The New Monday (Ghostly International, 2017)
- "New Crossings EP" (Moodgadget Records, 2008)
- "What We Held On To EP" (Ghostly International, 2010)
- "Semi Circle EP" (Ghostly International, 2010)
- "2010" (Self-Released, 2015) (with Devonwho)
- "Intermission EP" (Ghostly International, 2015)
- "Weighted" (Ghostly International, 2018)
- "Versions" (Ghostly International, 2019)
- "Full Circle Remixes" (Ghostly International, 2011)
With Dave Douglas
- Poser, Nina. (1 November 2017) Shigeto's Creativity Is Fueled By The Spirit Of Detroit. MixMag. Retrieved October 7, 2020.
- Fitzmaurice, Larry. "Lineage | Album Review". Pitchfork. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Kolada, Brian (August 16, 2017). "RA News: Shigeto unveils new solo album, The New Monday". Resident Advisor. Retrieved August 26, 2017.