Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up shire in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A shire is a type of region in the United Kingdom and Australia.
Shire or The Shires may also refer to:
- Shire River, a river in Malawi and Mozambique
- Shire Highlands, a plateau in southern Malawi lying east of the Shire River
- Shire, Ethiopia, a town in Ethiopia also known as Inda Selassie
- The Shire, an informal name for various counties of the United Kingdom
- Shire Brook, in South Yorkshire, England
- Shire Country Park, a park south of Birmingham, England
- "The Shire", a colloquial term for the American state of New Hampshire
- Sutherland Shire colloquially referred to as The Shire, a suburban region of southern Sydney, Australia
- Shires of Virginia
- The Shires, former name of the shopping centre now known as Highcross Leicester
- The Shires Shopping Centre in Trowbridge, Wiltshire
- Shires (surname)
- Abdisamad Ali Shire, Vice President of Puntland
- Barre Adan Shire Hiiraale, Somali Minister of Defense and leader of the Juba Valley Alliance
- David Shire (born 1937), American songwriter and composer
- Mohamoud Ali Shire (1897–1960), 26th Sultan of the Warsangali Sultanate (Somalia)
- Talia Shire (born 1946), American actress
- Warsan Shire, British writer and poet
- Shire Jama Ahmed, Somali linguist credited with devising a Latin script for transcribing the Somali language
- The Shires (duo), British country music duo
- Shire Books, a British publisher of books on history, heritage and antiques
- Shire (pharmaceutical company), a British speciality pharmaceuticals company
- Shire Foods, a manufacturer of pies, pasties, and sausage rolls based in Warwickshire, England
- The Shires, poetry collection by Donald Davie 1974
- The Shire (Middle-earth), a region in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium
- The Shire (TV series), a reality television series about the Sutherland Shire, set in the suburban region of southern Sydney, Australia.
- Randall Shire, a Marvel Comics character
- Apostolic Vicariate of Shire, a Roman Catholic territorial jurisdiction in what was then Nyasaland Protectorate, Africa
- East Stirlingshire F.C., Scottish football club nicknamed "The Shire"
- Shire horse, a large breed of draft horse
- Battle of Shire, fought in 1936 as part of the Second Italo-Abyssinian War
- Shire Hall, Monmouth, Wales, a building
- Shire Hall, Newport, Wales, a building
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shire.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.