|Alma mater||Technion University|
Shlomo Rakib is an Israeli electrical engineer known for his work on Orthogonal Time Frequency and Space (OTFS) and other engineering topics. He is the holder of several patents and co-founder and current Chief Technology Officer of Cohere Technologies, which he had co-founded with Ronny Hadani. He also co-founded Terayon in 1993.
In the 1980s, Rakib served as a communications engineer in the Israeli Navy. Rakib also served as Chief Engineer at the communications products company PhaseCom from 1981 to 1993. As part of PhaseCom, he developed data and telephony applications.
Shlomo Rakib founded Terayon in 1993 with his brother Zaki Rakib (IPO in 1998). The company initially sold modems before developing other types of broadband technology. Rakib served as the company's president and CTOs.
Rakib invented Terayon's S-CDMA technology, which is a component of the DOCSIS 2.0 cable data specification used in cable modems. As part of Terayon, he also developed data transmission methods utilizing Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) and S-CDMA. Rakib resigned as Terayon's president in 2004. The firm was acquired in 2007 by Motorola.
In 2004, Rakib co-founded Novafora, a company that developed microprocessors for advanced video applications. The firm acquired semiconductor and microprocessor company Transmeta in 2009 before it eventually closed in the same year.
Rakib and Ronny Hadani co-founded Cohere Technologies in 2009. They met at one of Hadani's lectures about Orthogonal Time Frequency and Space (OTFS) at the University of Texas at Austin. and founded the company after Rakib devised the idea to apply OTFS to wireless technology and signal processing. The firm focuses on wireless improvements using OTFS and the Delay-Doppler model to improve FDD/TDD spectrum performance.
In 2012, Rakib founded Gainspeed, a company specializing in DAA (Distributed Access Architecture). The company was initially known as Cohere Networks before being renamed Gainspeed in 2013. The firm was acquired by Nokia in 2016.
- Rakib, S. (1997). An innovative cable modem system for broadband communication. 24 - 30. doi:10.1049/cp:19971238.
- Zarai, Y., & Rakib, S. (2008). Hilbert space-filling by piecewise-linear index transformation. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 15, 717-720.
- Monk, A., Hadani, R., Tsatsanis, M., & Rakib, S. (2016). OTFS - orthogonal time frequency space. arXiv preprint arXiv:1608.02993.
- Hadani, R., Rakib, S., Tsatsanis, M., Monk, A., Goldsmith, A. J., Molisch, A. F., & Calderbank, R. (2017, March). Orthogonal time frequency space modulation. In 2017 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) (pp. 1–6). IEEE.
- Hadani, R., Rakib, S., Molisch, A., Ibars, C., Monk, A., Tsatsanis, M., Delfeld, J., Goldsmith, A. & Calderbank, R. (2017). Orthogonal Time Frequency Space (OTFS) modulation for millimeter-wave communications systems. 681-683. doi:10.1109/MWSYM.2017.8058662.
- “Representation theoretic patterns in three dimensional cryo-electron microscopy III - Presence of Point Symmetries.” Gurevich, S., Hadani, R. and Singer, A. (In preparation).
- US Patent 8170392, Rakib, S.S., Bronstein, A., Bronstein, M., Devictor, G.B.M., "Method and apparatus for generation, distribution and display of interactive video content"
- US Patent 8547988, Hadani, R. & Rakib, S.S., "Communications method employing orthonormal time-frequency shifting and spectral shaping"
- US Patent 8879378, Hadani, R. & Rakib, S.S., "Orthonormal time-frequency shifting and spectral shaping communications method"
- US Patent 9590779, Hadani, R. & Rakib, S.S, "Modulation and equalization in an orthonormal time-frequency shifting communications system"
- "Google Patents". patents.google.com.
- US 8547988, Hadani, Ronny & Rakib, Selim Shlomo, "Communications method employing orthonormal time-frequency shifting and spectral shaping", issued 2011-05-26
- "Cohere Technologies' CEO Shlomo Rakib discusses OTFS and wireless modulation technology". FierceTelecom.
- Lead, Telecom (February 2, 2021). "Cohere software improves efficiency of mobile network".
- Baumgartner, LR Cable News Analysis Jeff; Editor, Senior; Reading 8/16/2007, Light. "Terayon Founders Helm Stealthy Startup". Light Reading.
|last2=has generic name (help)
- https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1052303/000089843001500308/d10ka.txt[bare URL plain text file]
- "Fellowships – PRESIDENT'S REPORT 2020".
- Takahashi, Dean (April 9, 1998), Terayon Modem Enters Race For High-Speed Internet Access, The Wall Street Journal
- "Site not found".
- Staff, TheMarker com. "Terayon's quagmire". TheStreet.
- California Law Business. Daily Journal Corporation. July 1998.
- Holding, Reynolds (November 9, 2003). "Double whammy in stock fraud case / Short sellers trash, then sue, Santa Clara tech firm". SFGATE.
- CED. International Thomson Communications. 1998.
- America's Corporate Finance Directory 2002. National Register. September 2001. ISBN 9780872178984.
- "Selim Shlomo Rakib Inventions, Patents and Patent Applications - Justia Patents Search". patents.justia.com.
- "Shlomo Rakib | Technion Israel Institute of Technology - Academia.edu". technion.academia.edu.
- Official Gazette of the United States Patent and Trademark Office: Patents. U.S. Department of Commerce, Patent and Trademark Office. November 1999.
- "Shlomo Rakib resigns as Terayon president - Globes". en.globes.co.il. October 3, 2004.
- Reardon, Marguerite. "Motorola boosts TV tech with Terayon buy". CNET.
- "Cisco, Arris could regret allowing Nokia to become force in US cable". Rethink.
- "Novafora to buy once high-flying Transmeta for $256 million". November 17, 2008.
- Baumgartner, LR Cable News Analysis Jeff; Editor, Senior; Reading 8/7/2009, Light. "Novafora Burns Out". Light Reading.
|last2=has generic name (help)
- "e8vk". www.sec.gov.
- "Transmeta buyer Novafora goes under, says report". archive.ph. July 30, 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-07-30.
- "5TONIC Labs and Telefónica Successfully Test Cohere Technologies' 5G turboConnect™ Fixed Wireless Access". IMDEA Networks. March 26, 2018.
- Cohere raises $35M for expansion, new wireless communications technology
- "StackPath". www.mwrf.com.
- "C Spire to test Cohere OTFS technology". FierceWireless. 6 December 2017.
- "Cohere Technologies faces big competition as it vies for 5G air interface". FierceWireless. 6 March 2016.
- Reading 2/12/2020, News Wire Feed Light. "Cohere boasts spectrum and capacity multiplier for 4G, 5G". Light Reading.
- "The Mobile Network » A tale of Open RAN innovation from Cohere Technologies".
- June 2013, Jeff Baumgartner 07 (7 June 2013). "Cohere Becomes Gainspeed". Multichannel News.
- "Salim Shlomo Rakib". scholar.google.com.
- Broadband Access Technologies: ADSL/VDSL, Cable Modems, Fiber, LMDS. McGraw-Hill. 1999. ISBN 9780071350600.
- "Shlomo RAKIB | CEO". Retrieved 2022-04-30.