Jump to navigation Jump to search
This biographical article is written like a résumé. (March 2018)
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (March 2018)
Sibyl Kempson (born 1973 Pequannock, NJ) is an American playwright, and performer, who received the 2018 PEN/Laura Pels International Foundation for Theater Award for an American Playwright in Mid-career.
Academics and Fellowships
- She received her B.F.A. in 1995 from Bennington College.
- She received her M.F.A. in 2007 from Brooklyn College.
- She is a MacDowell Colony Fellow.
- She has taught at Brooklyn College, The New School, and Sarah Lawrence College.
- She is a 2014 USA Rockefeller Fellow.
- She is a member of New Dramatists, class of 2017.
- The Wytche of Problymm Plantation
- Bad Girls, Good Writers
- The Secret Death of Puppets (or) How Do Puppets Die? (or) Puppets Die In Secret
- Ich, Kürbisgeist
- Potatoes of August
- Crime or Emergency
- Restless Eye
- So Much To Go Crazy
- River of Gruel, Pile of Pigs: The Requisite Gesture(s) of Narrow Approach
- "2018 PEN America Lifetime and Career Achievement Honorees". PEN America. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Index of Fellows on Portable MacDowell | The MacDowell Colony". www.macdowellcolony.org. Archived from the original on 2009-05-26. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- Big Dance Theater website
- "Sibyl Kempson". New Dramatists. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "Sibyl Kempson: Ich, KürbisGeist + Secret Death of Puppets - 53rd State Press". www.53rdstatepress.org. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "Potatoes of August". New Dramatists. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- available at Soho Rep Bookstore
- Published by PAJ
- "Baby, They Were Born To Run (Faster!)", NYTimes
- "It Could Be a Garden Party, Even the Final One", NYTimes
- "What's Afoot in a Garbled Pumpkin Patch", NYTimes
- New York City Players official website, Sibyl Kempson bio
- Elevator Repair Service Theater official website
- Soho Rep Bookshop
- 53rd State Press official website