Sid Myer is an Australian businessman and philanthropist with strong associations with ongoing relations between Australia and Asia. He is a grandson of Sidney Myer and Dame Merlyn Myer. Since graduating from Monash University with a Bachelor of Economics and a Graduate Diploma of Marketing, Myer has been exposed to over 25 years of business experience.
Myer is currently involved in a diverse array of organisations and companies, which include;
- Chairman of Asialink.
- Director of The Myer Family Company Holdings - an unlisted family investment company with a dense focus on Asia, as well as the financial services industry and investment markets in Australia
- Chief Executive Officer of Yulgilbar Group of Companies
- Director of OC Funds Management - an Australian boutique funds management company
- Trustee of The Sidney Myer Estate
- Chairman of the Beyond Australia Task Force - a Task Force of The Myer Foundation that advocates Australian programs in Asia and the Pacific
- Chairman of the National Asian Languages and Studies in Schools Ministerial Reference Group
- Chairman Zoos Victoria Foundation
- Actively involved in Sidney Myer Fund and the Myer Foundation
- Was involved with charities helping children with cancer
Myer continues to speak and facilitate at numerous international and local forums including the Asialink National Forum, The Asialink Conversations, Generation 21, ASEAN Australia New Zealand Dialogue.