|Director of Centre for Contemporary Christianity|
12 November 1950
|Died||5 June 2015(aged 64)|
|Spouse(s)||Nalini Arles, Professor of Pastoral Care at United Theological College, Bangalore|
|Children||Naveen Arles, Sandesh Arles|
|Alma mater||University of Aberdeen|
Arles completed his BSc from University of Mysore, followed by an MDiv and an MAR from Asbury Theological Seminary. In 1990, he completed a PhD at the University of Aberdeen at the Centre for the Study of Christianity in the Non-Western World, where he co-studied with G. D. V. Prasad, then pursuing doctoral studies in the same University in the discipline of Old Testament.
In his academic career, he served as the vice-principal and head of the Department of Theology at North India Institute of Post Graduate Theological Studies, as theological secretary of Evangelical Fellowship of India, as dean of Consortium for Indian Missiological Education, and as founder and director of the Centre for Contemporary Christianity. From 2002 to 2008, he also served as co-editor of Journal of Asian Evangelical Theology, a journal of the Asia Theological Association based in Singapore.
Arles died on June 5, 2015 of a heart attack.
- Arles, Siga (1991). Theological Education for the Mission of the Church in India, 1947-1987. Frankfurt: Peter Lang.
- Arles, Siga (2006). Missiological Education: An Indian Exploration. Bangalore: Centre for Contemporary Christianity. ISBN 978-81-902294-7-0.
Timotheas Hembrom, NELC
North India Institute of Post Graduate Theological Studies,
V. J. John, MMTSC
- "Noteworthy". International Bulletin of Missionary Research. 39 (4): 197. October 2015.
- Stanley, Brian (2011). "Founding the Centre for the Study of Christianity in the Non-Western World". In Burrows, William R.; Gornik, Mark R.; McLean, Janice A. (eds.). Understanding World Christianity: The Vision and Work of Andrew F. Walls. Orbis Books. p. 59. ISBN 9781608330218.
- Mattam, Joseph; Valiamangalam, Joseph, eds. (2008). FOIM XII, Building Solidarity: Challenge to Christian Mission. New Delhi: ISPCK. p. 223.
- Siga Arles, Theological Education in Relation to the Identification of the Task of Mission and the Development of Ministries in India: 1947 to 1987 with Special Reference to the Church of South India, University of Aberdeen, 1990. 
- Dasan Jeyaraj; J. N. Manokaran; Peter S. C. Pothan, eds. (2017). Build, Bridge and Breakthrough in Missiology: Essays in Honour of Dr Siga Arles. Bangalore: Centre for Contemporary Christianity.
- Centre for the Study of World Christianity
- North India Institute of Post Graduate Theological Studies
|This article about a Christian theologian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|