Silicon Alley Reporter
Karol Martesko-Fenster collaborated with Jason Calacanis and Gordon Gould from 1997-1999 on the launch of Silicon Alley Reporter prior to joining Rising Tide Studios in April 1999. He served as President & Publisher until mid-2001.
The Silicon Alley Reporter 100, the list of the 100 most influential people in New York Technology was published annually.
- Salon.com "Who decides who's who in Silicon Alley?" May 3, 2000
- Ryan Naraine (October 8, 2001). Silicon Alley Reporter Goes Under. via clickZ news.
- Rafat Ali (April 11, 2003). Enhanced Silicon: Venture Reporter Bought Out. via paidcontent.org
- Janelle Brown (March 3, 2000). Who decides who in Silicon Alley via Slate
- Greg Lindsay (March 28, 2007). So What Do You Do, Rafat Ali? via MediaBistro
- ContentNext Media ContentNext Media homepage
- Amy Harmon (October 8, 2001) Requiem for a Cheerleader: Silicon Alley Magazine Is Dead New York Times
- Ben Popper (March 18, 2011) The Silicon Alley Reporter 100: 10 Years Later, Where Are They Now? BetaBeat
- Mary Huhn (April 18, 1999) Silicon Alley Reporter Being Courted by the Bigs New York Post
- Jennifer Rewick (February 29, 2000) Silicon Alley Reporter Seeks Some Silicon Alley Investors Wall Street Journal