||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2012)|
23 July 1977 |
Silvia Colloca (born 23 July 1977) is an Italian actress, blogger, cookbook author, and TV cookery show personality. She has published two cookbooks.
Colloca took a film crew home to meet her Italian family, showcasing three picturesque regions of Italy, Abruzzo where her family is from, Marche, and Molise, using her mother’s kitchen to present cucina povera (peasant cuisine).
Colloca was born in Milan to Loredana and Mario Colloca. Her first major film role was in Van Helsing, in which she played Verona, one of Dracula's brides. In September 2004, at the medieval castle Castello di Montalto in Tuscany she married the Australian actor Richard Roxburgh who played Dracula in that film. They have two sons, Raphael Jack Domenico Roxburgh born in 2007 and Miro Roxburgh born in 2010.
Colloca is an opera-trained mezzo soprano and worked as a musical theatre performer in Italy before becoming a film actress.
- Casomai (2002): Cannes award hostess
- Van Helsing (2004): Verona
- L'Apocalisse delle scimmie (2005): Tossica
- The Detonator (2006): Nadia Cominski
- Virgin Territory (2007): Sister Lisabetta
- Lesbian Vampire Killers (2009): Carmilla
- Out of the Night (2010) (pre-production): Roberta
- Dante's Inferno Animated (2010) (voice: Italian version): Beatrice
- Triple Happiness (2010) (post-production) –
- Nerve (2013): Elena
- Silvia's Cucina, Penguin 2013.
- Made in Italy, 2014.
- "Made in Italy with Silvia Colloca". SBS. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- "Australia’s own kitchen goddess Silvia Colloca reveals her culinary secrets on Made in Italy on SBS". Retrieved 27 November 2014.
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|