This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||30 September 1980|
|Genres||Jazz, alternative rock, folk rock|
|Instruments||Bass Guitar, double bass|
The Divine Comedy|
The Duckworth Lewis Method
A Girl Called Eddy
A graduate of the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, Little joined The Divine Comedy in 2002 and is still a regular member of the band. He has since toured and recorded with The Duckworth Lewis Method, Clare Teal, Duke Special, Maggie Reilly, A Girl Called Eddy and Chris Difford. As a jazz bass player he plays regularly with Ian Shaw, Lea DeLaria, Symeon Cosburn, and Nina Ferro. Little has also played with Nick Cave and Ben Folds.
Little released a solo bass album Mandala in 2010, where he uses live looping to create ambient soundscapes. He released a second solo album called "The Knowledge of Things To Come" in 2011, following the "Rejectamenta EP" which featured five additional tracks from the Knowledge sessions, and an acoustic album "[un]plugged" in 2012. An improvised trio album "Foreground Music, Vol. I" was released in 2012 with pianist Jez Carr and Iona saxophonist Mike Haughton.
- Foreverland (2016) The Divine Comedy
- "Foreground Music, Vol. I" (2012) Jez Carr, Simon Little & Mike Haughton
- "Sticky Wickets" (2013) The Duckworth Lewis Method
- "The Jazz Cookbook" (2013) Frankie Lewis
- "Greatest Video Game Music 2" (2012) the London Philharmonic Orchestra
- "Dirk Gently: Original Television Soundtrack" (2012) Daniel Pemberton
- "Jing, Jing-A-Ling" (2013) Clare Teal
- "[un]plugged" (2012)
- "Oh Pioneer" (2012) Duke Special
- "The Knowledge of Things To Come" (2011)
- "Rejectamenta EP" (2011)
- "Hey Ho" (2011) Clare Teal
- Mandala (2010)
- Mother Courage & Her Children (2010) Duke Special
- Be a Santa (2010) Lea DeLaria
- Bang Goes the Knighthood (2010) The Divine Comedy
- Clare Teal Live at Ebenezer Chapel (2009) Clare Teal
- What A Woman Shouldn't Do (2008) Julie McKee
- Get Happy (2008) Clare Teal
- The Last Temptation of Chris (2008) Chris Difford
- Paradisi Carousel (2007) Clare Teal
- Victory for the Comic Muse (2006) The Divine Comedy
- Drawn To All Things (2006) Ian Shaw
- Rowan (2006) Maggie Reilly
- South East Side Story (2006) Chris Difford
- Breakfast with the Blues (2006) Symeon Cosburn
- Whatever It Takes (2006) Jai Cavill
- Absent Friends (2004) The Divine Comedy
- Live at the London Palladium (DVD 2004) The Divine Comedy
- Vollmilch 2004 - Das war Haldern (2004) with The Divine Comedy
- Just In Time (2004) Esther Bennett
- "Clare Teal". Clareteal.co.uk. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Duckworth Lewis Method". Dlmethod.co.uk. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Take Five with Simon Little". All About Jazz. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Simonlittlebass.com". Simon Little. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Review: Simon Little's "Mandala"". No Treble. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Music.simonlittlebass.com". Simon Little. 10 December 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- Official website
- The Divine Comedy official website
- Clare Teal official website
- All About Jazz review
|This article about a British bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|