Simon Palmer is an English DJ from Cumbria, England, currently residing in Killiney, Dublin in Ireland. He presents the radio show Back2Basics, which airs on RTÉ Pulse. It is Ireland's only weekly all-vinyl radio show and was the first vinyl show to appear on RTÉ since the 1990s. Back2Basics formerly aired on Dublin South FM and NRG FM from July 2012 to December 2013.
A published journalist, he writes for Mixmag and also works for Goldfish.ie. In 2007 he founded the company Republic PR. Initially a property PR specialist (formerly his role in the UK), he assisted Irish investors in raising the profile of their plight as victims of overseas property scams and helped them form action groups so they could instigate legal action to recover funds from abroad.   
Simon spent several years working for free supporting the case of an Eritrean girl Martina Padwick, in her battle to have her Irish citizenship recognised and claim her pension entitlements following the death of her father, who was an Irish soldier stationed in Africa.
- "RTÉ Pulse is going Back2Basics – RTÉ About". Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 2014-01-20. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- "Radio Today | Community radio show goes national on RTÉ". Radiotoday.ie. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Wunderground – Features". Mixmag. 2014-12-27. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- "The Business Post – Independent journalism every day". BusinessPost.ie. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- Mary Carolan (2017-01-04). "Investors seek €8.9m from Indian project". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- "Investors in Dubai dream fear €20m lost". The Irish Independent. 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Donal Buckley (2012-11-25). "Polish property market to get soccer boost". The Irish Independent. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Curtis Redding (2012-11-25). "The time has come to boost pension potential". The Irish Independent. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Profit from these lucky 13 sales tips". The Irish Independent. 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Tim Healy – 9 July 2009 09:58 am (2009-07-09). "Investors settle India flats row". Herald.ie. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- John Mooney and Tom Lyons (2009-03-01). "Passport 'no' to soldier's Eritrean child". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Breda Heffernan (2012-11-30). "Young daughter of dead UN soldier hoping for a new life in Ireland". The Irish Independent. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Claire O'Sullivan (2010-01-18). "Mother wins battle to prove girl is Irish". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Tom Lyons (2013-04-14). "African girl wins her long fight to prove Irish citizenship". The Irish Independent. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- TOM LYONS (2013-07-21). "10-year fight to prove daughter's citizenship". The Irish Independent. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Russell Brand Laments ISIS 'Wouldn't Have Me' In Latest YouTube Video". HuffPost. 2014-07-03. Retrieved 2017-04-01.