Sisters (2006 film)
Official theatrical poster
|Directed by||Douglas Buck|
|Produced by||Edward R. Pressman|
|Written by||Douglas Buck
|Music by||Bernard Herrmann|
|Cinematography||John J. Campbell|
|Distributed by||Edward R. Pressman Film
Sisters is a 2006 independent horror film directed by Douglas Buck. It is a remake of the 1973 Brian De Palma film of the same name. The film stars Stephen Rea, Lou Doillon, and Chloë Sevigny in the leading roles, with Dallas Roberts and JR Bourne playing supporting characters.
The story centers on a news reporter (Sevigny) who, after witnessing a murder, becomes involved in a crime investigation surrounding a mysterious doctor (Rea) and one of his former patients, a young French woman who was born with a Siamese twin.
- Stephen Rea as Dr. Philip Lacan
- Lou Doillon as Angelique/Annabel Tristiana
- Chloë Sevigny as Grace Collier
- Dallas Roberts as Dylan Wallace
- JR Bourne as Larry Franklin
- William B. Davis as Dr. Bryant
- Gabrielle Rose as Dr. Mercedes Kent
- Talia Williams as Lily
- Rachel Williams as Eve
- Erica Van Briel as Sofia Tristiana
The movie was filmed in 2006 in North Carolina as well as Vancouver, British Columbia on an estimated budget of $5,000,000. The film had a troubled release history, and was never given a theatrical release; it was eventually released on DVD in the United States on March 11, 2008.