|Address||Hoogstraat, 3011 HB Rotterdam, Netherlands|
|Height||45 m (148 ft)|
SkyView Rotterdam was a 45-meter-tall Ferris wheel in the center of Rotterdam. It opened to the public on September 4, 2018, and was decommissioned in July 2019. Some residents of Markthal protested its construction citing privacy concerns. It was expected to stay for five years, but operated for less than one year. It may relocate to Spain.
The Netherlands-based Dutch Wheels designed and constructed the wheel. It was a model R50SP-36. It had 36 climate controlled gondolas that could accommodate 6 people each. A VIP gondola featured a glass floor. A dining car was reservable for dinner or high tea, which is why it was also known as the Dinner Wheel.
- "Het is voorbij: het reuzenrad naast de Markthal wordt afgebroken". AD.nl (in Dutch). 2019-07-29. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "Locals furious about Rotterdam's ferris wheel plans for the Markthal". DutchNews.nl. 2017-12-19. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "Plan voor 'Rotterdam Eye' verrast vriend en vijand". AD.nl (in Dutch). 2016-07-31. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- van Putten, Bryan (2016-08-21). "Rotterdam Dinner Wheel". Rotterdam Style. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "SkyView Rotterdam". Dutch Wheels. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "Krijgt het reuzenrad een andere plek in Rotterdam? Gemeente en exploitant praten erover". AD.nl (in Dutch). 2019-07-30. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- Official website (in Dutch)