SkyView de Pier
|SkyView de Pier|
|Location||Scheveningen, The Hague, Netherlands|
|Address||Strandweg 156, 2586 JW Den Haag, Netherlands|
|Opened||August 19, 2016|
|Height||45 m (148 ft)|
SkyView de Pier is a 45-meter tall Ferris wheel in Scheveningen, The Hague. It was the first Ferris wheel constructed over sea in Europe, as it is on the Scheveningen Pier eight meters above the North Sea. It opened to the public on August 19, 2016.
The Netherlands-based Dutch Wheels designed and constructed the wheel. It is a model R50SP-36. It has 36 climate controlled gondolas that can accommodate 6 people each. A dining car can be reserved for dinner or high tea. A VIP gondola features a glass floor.
- "Europe's first overwater Ferris wheel opens in the Netherlands". Toronto Sun. 2016-08-23. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "Locations". Skyview Attractions. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "Europe's First Ferris Wheel Over Sea Opened on The Pier in Scheveningen". PR Newswire. 2019-08-19. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "SkyView de Pier". Dutch Wheels. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "Reserveren bij DinnerWheel De Pier in Den Haag". Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "These Are the World's Coolest Ferris Wheels". TravelPulse. 2016-09-01. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- Official website (in Dutch)