It is run by engineer Kyle Machulis, under the pen name qDot. It promotes DIY sex-toy designs and open-source software to drive them, including an Xbox modification to power a software-controlled dildo, and even a vibrator-control package for emacs called Deldo.
The site has been featured in Wired's Sex Drive column. Machulis has also been a speaker at several conferences on issues related to sex and technology including Etech and Arse Elektronika, his presentations remarked in the O'Reilly Conference Blog and the Digital Journal.
- "Sex Meets Tech at Kinky Conference in San Francisco". Digital Journal. October 4, 2007.
- "Games That Get Your Groove On". Wired. February 27, 2006.
- EmacsWiki: Deldo
- "Build Your Dream Sex Machine". Wired. June 3, 2005.
- "Really, Really, Really Intimate Interfaces". O'Reilly Media. March 5, 2008.
- About Site of metafetish
- metafetish.com, the blog's official website