|Original author(s)||Alessandro Ranellucci|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Type||3D slicing engine|
Slic3r is free software 3D slicing engine for 3D printers. It generates G-code from 3D CAD files (STL or OBJ). Once finished, an appropriate G-code file for the production of the 3D modeled part or object is sent to the 3D printer for the manufacturing of a physical object. As of 2013, about half of the 3D printers tested by Make Magazine supported slic3r.
- "slic3r - G-code generator for 3D printers". slic3r.org. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Weinhoffer, Eric. "Getting Started With Slic3r". makezine.com. Maker Media, Inc. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Abella, John (19 November 2013). "Know Your Slicing and Control Software for 3D Printers". makezine.com. Maker Media, Inc. Archived from the original on 25 March 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2015.,
- "Slic3r Prusa Edition". Prusa3D - 3D Printers from Josef Průša. Prusa Research s.r.o. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- "Introducing Slic3r Prusa Edition - Prusa Printers". Prusa Printers. 28 November 2016. Retrieved 21 August 2018.