|Born||February 20, 1956|
|Residence||Menlo Park, California|
|Alma mater||Claremont McKenna College|
|Years active||30+ years|
In the 1980s, Citron was general manager of Miami magazine and South Florida Home & Garden. In 1985, he founded Westar Media in Redwood City, California. His first magazine Peninsula was an upscale monthly similar in format to New York Magazine which focused on the San Francisco suburbs in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties. He founded other magazines including Northern California Home & Garden and Southern California Home & Garden; the firm owned six magazines at one point. In the 1990s, he launched 18 Media with journalist and business partner Elsie Floriani. He changed from the paid magazine subscription format to a saturation delivery format keeping glossy high production magazines which were sent free to every home in highly affluent Silicon Valley cities. His magazines Click Weekly and CAFE cover the lifestyles of people in Silicon Valley's high-tech industry.
- Diane Sussman (Feb 15, 1995). "Gentry: rank has its linage -- The latest in a long line of Peninsula magazines weathers charges of elitism to celebrate its second anniversary". Palo Alto Online. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Regional Interest Magazines of the United States. Greenwood Publishing Group. Page 255. Sam G. Riley, Gary W. Selnow. 1991
- John Gabree (February 5, 1988). "New Ms. Has a Few New Twists". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- George Lazarus (October 18, 1991). "Magazine`s New Home Out West". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- "Jennifer Montana's launch party". San Francisco Chronicle. 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Moanalani Jeffrey (November 26, 2011). "The Next Bag Thing: The Fall Tiffany Leather Collection From Lambertson & Truex". San Francisco Examiner.
...Tiffany & Co. Vice-President, Tom Carroll welcomed guests along with Co-Hosts, Elsie Floriani and Stefanie Lingle of Gentry Magazine....
- Folio Magazine. June 1, 1993. ... The idea is to saturate very affluent communities in very targeted areas, Citron says....
- "Jessica Goldman: SF Healthy Foods Examiner". San Francisco Examiner. 2012-03-21.
- "Tiffany Carboni: SF Motherhood Examiner". San Francisco Examiner. 2012-03-21.
... Tiffany Carboni ... she was the senior editor of California Home & Design and Gentry Magazine ...
- Elsie M. Floriani (Mar 15, 1995). "Letters to the Editor". Palo Alto Online. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Cassius L. Kirk Jr. (Mar 1, 1995). "Enjoying the good life (letter to the editor)". Palo Alto Online. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Jane Knoerle (December 1, 2004). "Elsie Floriani puts thoughts on life between hard covers". The Almanac. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- MARK SIMON (August 28, 1999). "Weekly Tries To `Click' in Silicon Valley: Newspaper venture looks to `capture excitement' of region". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- MARK SIMON (November 27, 1999). "CLICK ON, CLICK OFF, CLICK ON". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Jennifer Kavanaugh (Nov 24, 1999). "Covering Silicon Valley with a Click: Weekly newspaper morphs into glossy magazine". Palo Alto Online. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Sean Howell (August 2, 2006). "Business: Gentry publishers launch magazine for a 'younger demographic'". The Almanac. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Sandy Brundage (August 11, 2010). "Publisher Sloane Citron to start local newspaper". The Almanac. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Sandy Brundage (August 25, 2010). "The WAMP goes weekly". The Almanac. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Editorial staff (November 24, 2010). "Menlo briefs". The Almanac. Retrieved 2012-03-21.