This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Owner||Smashing Media AG|
|Created by||Sven Lennartz and Vitaly Friedman|
Smashing Magazine is a website and eBook publisher that offers editorial content and professional resources for web developers and web designers. It was founded in 2006 by Sven Lennartz and Vitaly Friedman as part of the German-based Smashing Media AG. Since 2012, it also runs web design conferences in Europe and North America, known as Smashing Conference.
Rachel Andrew was named editor-in-chief of the online magazine in October 2017. With 3 Million monthly page views (as of May 2017), 1,000,000 worldwide Twitter followers, 295,000 Facebook fans, 252,000 subscribers on Feedly, as well as over 230,000 newsletter subscribers, Smashing Magazine is one of the most active and largest publishers of web development resources.
With more than three million page views per month, Smashing Magazine is one of the world's most popular and highly regarded magazines in the area of web design and web development. Topics include web design, graphic design, and user experience. The content is primarily targeted toward advanced web design and development professionals.
Smashing Magazine hosts four annual conferences, founded in 2012 by Marc Thiele and Vitaly Friedmann, that take place in New York City, San Francisco, Barcelona, and Freiburg. Each conference consists of two-day, single-track talks and workshops featuring prominent members of the industry discussing web design trends and insights. Notable speakers include Stefan Sagmeister, Jon Burgerman, Peter Sunde, and Daniel Burka.
On November 27, 2012, Smashing Magazine started their Smashing Library, containing more than 60 eBooks and videos on web design. The bundle provides new, curated content on design best practices and coding techniques, as well as access to the publication's most recent back-catalogue. The eBooks are available in PDF, ePUB, and Amazon Kindle.
Highlights of the magazine are collated bi-monthly to form an email newsletter. As of May 2017, the newsletter has over 230,000 subscribers.
Awards & Recognition
In 2010, Smashing Magazine was the recipient of a Shorty Awards for its notable contribution to the field of design. It also was the winner of the .net Awards in 2008 in the category "Best Blog". 
- "Less Web Development Cookbook". Aazae.
- Walker, Esther (2007-12-05). "Top of the blogs". The Independent. London.
- "Team, Impressum, Legal Notice". Smashing Magazine. January 1, 1. Check date values in:
- "SmashingConf Online Workshops — Friendly, practical workshops for designers and web developers - Online Workshops". smashingconf.com.
- "We've Got A Lil' Announcement To Make: Rachel Andrew Is SmashingMag's New Editor-In-Chief". Smashing Magazine. 2017-10-24. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Feedly – More signal, less noise". Feedly.
- "Log In or Sign Up to View". www.facebook.com.
- "9 Amazing Places to Find Skilled Developers". Huffington Post. 2015-04-23.
- "Quality Smashing eBooks on Front-End, Design, UX, Accessibility". Smashing Magazine. July 10, 2019.
- "The Smashing Email Newsletter". Smashing Magazine. January 28, 2010.
- "Shorty Award Winners Unveiled in New York City". Shorty Awards Blog.
- "Meath Web Design-Web Design Meath, Web Design Navan". Meath Web Design.