From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up smoot in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A smoot is a jocular unit of measurement equal to 5 feet, 7 inches.
Smoot or Smoots may also refer to:
- Abraham O. Smoot (1815–1895), mayor of Salt Lake City, Utah, US
- Dan Smoot (1913–2003), FBI agent and conservative political activist
- Fred Smoot (born 1979), American football player
- George Smoot (born 1945), astrophysics scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and Nobel prize laureate in Physics, 2006
- Julianna Smoot, political fundraiser for the Democratic Party
- L. Douglas Smoot (born 1934), American chemical engineer
- Oliver R. Smoot (born 1940), former head of ISO and ANSI, for whom the unit was named
- Reed Smoot (1862–1941), Senator from Utah, sponsor of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff and son of Abraham O. Smoot
- Reed Smoot (cinematographer), a United States cinematographer
- Smoot, half of Canadian horror clown duo Mump and Smoot
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Smoot.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.