|Born||June 18, 1965 (age 53)|
Chiang Rai, Thailand
|Other names||Dr. Piangdin Rakthai|
|Alma mater||Chiang Mai University|
University of Sydney
Indiana University Bloomington (Ph.D.)
|Known for||Pro-democracy, political and Human Rights Activist|
|Revolution Theory "Mod Daeng Lom Chang"
/ Founder of the People's University/ Founder of the Thai Alliance for Human Rights
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
- High School : Phayaopittayakom School
- Bachelor's Degree : Faculty of Education, Chiang Mai University, Second Honors and Best-All-Round Students (1987)
- Master's Degree : University of Sydney, Australia (1994)
- Doctor of Philosophy : Literacy, Culture and Language Education from Indiana University Bloomington (2009)
Dr. Snea Thinsan worked with The Consortium: World Education, The Experiment in International Living, Save the Children, which was sponsored by the United States' Department of State preparing Indo-Chinese refugees for resettlement in the U.S. during 1987-1992 in Panatnikom, Chonburi Province, teaching and training teachers of the English language and American culture. After obtaining his M.Ed from the University of Sydney in 1994, he accepted a position as a professor at Chiang Mai University and worked there during 1994 to 2000. He has taught in Australia, the United Kingdom, Afghanistan, and the United States.
Political activities and human rights
Dr. Thinsan has actively been engaging in Thai politics and human rights activities as Dr. Piangdin Rakthai. He appeared in public for the first time as Dr. Piangdin Rakthai via the online radio called RedUDD in April 2011. In 2012, he co-founded the Thai People's Revolutionary University for Democracy (or People's University or มหาวิทยาลัยประชาชน) on February 18, 2012 and the Thai Alliance for Human Rights (TAHR), which was registered with the State of California on June 28, 2012.
Dr. Thinsan offers his insightful political analyses and views in polite and constructive ways, which are rare in heated discussions during the over-a-decade-long political conflicts in Thailand through his program called Chuan Kid Chuan Lui. Importantly, he has founded a peaceful revolution theory called Mod Daeng Lom Chang (Ants Toppling Elephant). He has encouraged Thai people to revolt peacefully against dictatorial military jura for true democracy.
Dr. Snea Thinsan is well known as an anti-monarchy political activist and has been charged with Article 112, or the Lese Majesty Law. He has been in exile in the United States and has also been among revolutionists associated with the Organization of FreeThais for Human Rights and Democracy (OFHD) led by the former Minister of Interior Mr. Charupong Ruangsuwan.
- "เปิด '24ผู้ลี้ภัย' คดีมาตรา112 ซ่อนตัวใน10ประเทศ?". bangkokbiznews.com/ (in Thai). Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "ศาลทหารออกหมายจับ 28 ราย หลังไม่เข้ารายงานตัวตามคำสั่ง คสช. | ประชาไท". prachatai.com (in Thai). Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "มหาวิทยาลัยประชาชน Official". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "เครือข่ายราษฎรเสรีไทย มดแดงล้มช้าง Official". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "ดร. เพียงดิน รักไทย Official". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "คณะราษฎร "มดแดงล้มช้าง"". www.unrad.net. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Thai Alliance for Human Rights | ภาคีไทยเพื่อสิทธิมนุษยชน :: Official Website". tahr-global.org. Retrieved 2017-06-16.