Soñar no Cuesta Nada
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Soñar no Cuesta Nada (2005) is a Miami-made telenovela that was produced by and seen first on Univisión and later on Venevisión. This telenovela lasted 191 episodes and was distributed internationally by Venevisión International. On October 1, 2007, Cadenatres, a new Mexican television network, began airing the telenovela.
From penniless immigrant to millionaire heiress: Emilia Olivares undergoes this drastic transformation not by an unexpected stroke of luck or fairy-tale magic, but through an evil scheme that traps her in a web of lies and deceit. And so, what was simply a daydream for a humble young woman becomes a nightmare that changes her life forever.
As an illegal immigrant in the United States, Emilia has few options. In order to help support her family, she is forced to work as a maid. However, her situation does not prevent her from dreaming of a better life. Beautiful, sweet and noble in spirit, Emilia one day meets the man who could make her dreams come true: Felipe Reyes.
Intimidated by the fact that Felipe is very rich, and ashamed of her social standing, Emilia does not reveal her true identity, but rather becomes a mystery to the young man. After just a few dates, they fall in love but she decides to disappear from his life.
Fate will bring them face to face again when Emilia becomes entrapped in a complex lie. Coerced by her greedy mistress, Roberta Lizalde, Emilia assumes the identity of Roberta's stepdaughter, Andrea, who is confined to bed with a terminal illness. The reason is that Andrea's father, Roberta's deceased husband, made his daughter the only heir to a fortune with the condition that if she should die before her 24th birthday, everything will go to charity. Because Andrea has very little time left to live, Roberta needs someone to take Andrea's place and give her control of the inheritance, so she wickedly manipulates Emilia into doing it.
Now pretending to be Andrea, Emilia meets Felipe again, and the budding love they once shared rekindles into a raging fire of passion. But reality catches up with Emilia soon enough, as Felipe's viciously jealous girlfriend, Monica, sets out to uncover her rival's deception, opening Felipe's eyes to Emilia's true identity. From this moment on, Emilia faces a turbulent succession of events that lead her story to a totally unexpected ending.
- Karyme Lozano as Emilia Olivares - in love with Felipe, daughter of Estela and Arturo, granddaughter of Castula, half-sister of Monica.
- Cristian de la Fuente as Felipe Reyes Retana - in love with Emilia, brother of Liliana, nephew of Jonas.
- Laura Zapata as Roberta Perez de Lizalde - villain, mother of Mauricio and Michelle, stepmother of Andrea, lover of Jonas, ends up in jail paying for all her crimes.
- Géraldine Bazán as Liliana Reyes Retana - sister of Felipe, in love with Luis, hates Monica.
- Victor Camara as Arturo Hernandez - father of Monica and Emilia, husband of Olivia, but in love with Estela.
- María Alejandra Martín as Olivia Hernandez - wife of Arturo, mother of Monica.
- Mirela Mendoza as Monica Hernandez † - villain, in love with Felipe, daughter of Olivia and Arturo, half-sister of Emilia, hates Emilia, raped by Jonas, dies burned when she is pushed by Roberta from a boat.
- Orlando Fundichely as Ricardo † - villain, son of Jonas, brother of Javier killed by police.
- Andrés García Jr as Luis - best friend of Felipe, boyfriend of Jasmine, widow of Andrea, later in love with Liliana.
- Olivia Collins as Estela Olivares † - mother of Emilia, daughter of Castula, in love with Arturo, killed by Monica.
- Ariel López Padilla as Jonas Reyes Retana - villain, uncle of Felipe and Liliana, lover of Roberta, father of Ricardo and Javier and Renata's baby, goes to jail.
- Graciela Doring as Castula Alvarez - mother of Estela, grandmother of Emilia, first villain, later good.
- Joemy Blanco as Lucy - best friend of Emilia, suspect of Mauricio's murder, in love with Ernesto.
- Susan Vohn as Michelle - daughter of Roberta, sister of Maruricio, in love with Bobby.
- Rodrigo Mejia as Mauricio † - villain, later good, son of Roberta, brother of Michelle , killed by Roberta accidentally.
- Arap Bethke as Bobby - roommate of Rodrigo, in love with Michelle.
- Tatiana Capote as Matilde - mother of Andrea, hates Roberta.
- Jessica Cerezo as Jazmin - best friend of Monica, in love with Luis.
- Carmen Daisy Rodriguez as Andrea Lizalde † - daughter of Matilde, friend of Emilia, wife of Luis , died from illness.
- Adrian Mas as Rodrigo - roommate of Bobby, in love with Renata.
- Carlos Cuervo as Jose - in love with Emilia, friend of Lucy, Bobby and Rodrigo.
- Omar Avila as Javier - son of Jonas, brother of Ricardo, obsessed with Lucy.
- Carlos Cruz as Dr. Zabaleta † - doctor, Killed by Roberta.
- Ivelin Giro as Renata - lover of Jonas, mother of Jonas's children, later in love with Rodrigo.
- Nelida Ponce as Nana Dolores - worker at the Hernandez mansion.
- Mariana Huerdo as Carmela - worker at the Hernandez mansion.
- Julio Capote as Pedro - best friend of Arturo.
- Jorge Luis Pila as Ernesto - police officer, in love with Lucy.
- Hilda Luna as La Kikis - an ugly rich girl who loves Mauricio.
- Ilse Pappe as Maite - secretary of Felipe.
- Taniusha Capote as Lety - friend of Lililan and Jenny.
- Marina Vidal as Sarita - secretary of Jonás.
- Ximena Duque as Jenny - friend of Liliana and Lety.
- Angie Russian as Patty - secretary of Felipe.
There are 2 theme songs for this telenovela: one is called "Soñar No Cuesta Nada", performed by the main star Karyme Lozano and it can be heard only in Spanish-speaking markets (it's the opening theme song). There's also another song performed by Venezuelan boy-band A.5, the song is also called "Soñar No Cuesta Nada", but it has different lyrics to the Karyme Lozano's version, and it's only heard in non-Spanish speaking markets.
- List of famous telenovelas
- List of programs broadcast by Venevision
- List of television shows set in Miami