From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up soliton in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A soliton is a type of self-reinforcing solitary wave.
Soliton may also refer to:
- Soliton (optics), an optical field that does not change during propagation because of a balance between nonlinear and linear effects
- Soliton (topology), a solution of a system of partial differential equations or of a quantum field theory homotopically distinct from the vacuum solution
- Soliton distribution, a type of discrete probability distribution that arises in the theory of erasure correcting codes
- Soliton Incorporated, company
- Soliton model, neurological model
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Soliton.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.