Solomon Cordwell Buenz (SCB) is an international architecture, interior design and planning firm based in Chicago, Illinois with offices in San Francisco, California, Boston, Massachusetts, Seattle, Washington, and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Founded in 1931, the firm has been one of the largest contributors to Chicago's skyline.
SCB has worked on 104 projects in the City of Chicago. Its most recent projects include:
|340 on the Park||2007||This 62-story residential tower is the first LEED Silver all residential tower in the Midwest.|
|Richard J. Klarchek Information Commons, Loyola University Chicago||2008||A Silver LEED certified 69,000 sf digital research library. Uses 50% less energy than a code compliant building.|
|215 W Washington||2010||A 50-story residential high rise located in the loop. LEED-certified, built with sustainable materials.|
|Legacy Tower||2009||The 72-story multi-family residential facility is the tallest all residential building in Chicago. Also contains 41,000 sf of classroom space for the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.|
|Lake and Wells 2002||2010/2011||Residential High-rise on the corner of Lake and Washington. One of the major high-rises built within the loop in 2009-2010. Will be ready for occupancy on Nov. 1st, 2010.|
|Addison Park on Clark||TBA||A sustainable, mixed-use facility across the street from Wrigley Field. Project approved by the City Council of Chicago in June 2010. Will be LEED certified.|
|Abu Dhabi City Centre Master Plan||2030||A 6-square-mile (16 km2) multi-use development adjacent to the city's current Business District and International Airport. Will hold office space and housing for approximately 400,000 people|
SCB has also designed approximately 226 buildings worldwide, including 66 office buildings, 102 urban mix use buildings, 24 retail, 27 student residences, and 7 transportation facilities in Philadelphia, San Francisco, Tucson, Serbia, Slovakia and Toronto. Examples include:
- Murano, (Philadelphia)
- Millennium Centar, (Vršac, Serbia)
- Southfield Town Center, (Detroit)
- The Streeter, (Chicago)
- One Rincon Hill, (San Francisco)
- The St. James, (Philadelphia)
- The Fordham, (Chicago)
- Library Tower (Chicago), (Chicago)
- Elysées Condominiums, (Chicago)
- 903 Peachtree (Atlanta)
- The Legacy at Millennium Park. "Chicago Luxury Condos, Michigan Avenue Condos, Downtown Chicago Condos | the Legacy". Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved December 7, 2010.>.
- "Solomon, Cordwell, Buenz and Associates." Emporis Online. http://www.emporis.com/application/?nav=company&id=100366&lng=3
- "Chicago's First Silver LEED." World Architecture News. 8 Aug. 2007. http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=1307
- Gonchar, Joann. "Loyola University Information Commons." Green Source. <"Loyola University Information Commons - GreenSource Magazine". Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved December 7, 2010.>.
- Wilky, Maureen. "215 W. Washington: green new construction rental in the Loop." Chicago Now. http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/rent-or-buy/2009/07/215-w-washington-green-new-construction-rental-in-the-loop.html
- Kamin, Blair. "Reflective giants: Chicago's building boom, now nearing its end, has layered a new generation of glass towers into the skyline." Cityscapes: Chicago Tribune. 8 August 2010. http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/theskyline/2010/08/chicagos-renowned-skyline-has-long-been-about-muscle-its-towers-as-solid-as-a-meat-cutter-at-the-old-stockyards--but-now.html.
- Boyer, Mark. "First Look Inside 200squared: The Loop's Newest Rental High-Rise." Curbed Chicago. http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2010/10/12/200-squared-ready-for-rental-tenants-this-week.php.
- "Wrigleyville Development Scores Approval from Chicago City Council." Chicagoland Real Estate Forum. 30 June 2010. http://www.chicagolandrealestateforum.com/2010/06/30/wrigleyville-development-scores-approval-from-chicago-city-council/.
- Behme, Todd J. "Chicago firm planning part of Abu Dhabi." Chicago Real Estate Daily. 13 Nov. 2008 http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=9999200031812#axzz187Y2J41A