Solomon Islands National Council of Women
|Founded at||Honiara, Solomon Islands|
|Purpose||"Women as Equal Partners in the Development of Solomon Islands"|
The Council was founded to represent women in the Solomon Islands, with a vision of "Women as Equal Partners in the Development of Solomon Islands". It encourages the participation of women in decision-making on the Islands.
The objectives of the organisation are as follows:
- Promote and coordinate activities for women throughout Solomon Islands;
- Act as a representative body for women to the Solomon Islands Government (SIG) and other entities;
- Advise the SIG on policies and issues of concern to women;
- Undertake awareness and advocacy on international relevant instruments;
- Provide a forum through which women can have a voice on issues affecting them;
- Encourage participation of women in decision making processes and bodies;
- Promote awareness at all levels women's concerns; and
- Promote formation of effective partnerships with other entities as appropriate.
The Council's guiding values are "leadership with inclusiveness, passion, wisdom, commitment, pro-activeness, ownership, transparency, competitiveness, trust, creativity and innovation"
- "Solomon Islands National Council of Women | SINCW". solomonislandsinfocus.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Untitled Document". grants.globalfundforwomen.org. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Solomon Islands National Council of Women - Corporate entry - Solomon Islands Encyclopaedia, 1893-1978". solomonencyclopaedia.net. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Getting more women involved in politics and decision making in Solomon Islands - Solomon Star". solomonstarnews.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.