"Somebody's Baby" is a song written by Jackson Browne and Danny Kortchmar and recorded by Browne for the 1982 Fast Times at Ridgemont High movie soundtrack. Reaching #7 on the US Billboard Hot 100 after debuting at #73 on July 31, 1982, the track would be Browne's last top ten song, as well as the highest charting single of his career, spending nineteen weeks on the chart.
It reached #14 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart, as well. In Canada, "Somebody's Baby" peaked at #16. The single was also released in Italy, Spain and Japan.
It has since been released on several of Browne's greatest hits albums, including The Next Voice You Hear: The Best of Jackson Browne and The Very Best of Jackson Browne. An unplugged acoustic version appears on Browne's album entitled Solo Acoustic, Vol. 2 (2008).
|US Billboard Hot 100
|US Cash Box 
- ^ http://www.allmusic.com/song/somebodys-baby-mt0008032440
- ^ Billboard.com Jackson Browne Chart History. Accessed July 11, 2012.
- ^ Whitburn, Joel. Billboard Hot 100 Charts - The Eighties. Wisconsin: Record Research, 1991.
- ^ http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/films-videos-sound-recordings/rpm/Pages/image.aspx?Image=nlc008388.6942&URLjpg=http%3a%2f%2fwww.collectionscanada.gc.ca%2fobj%2f028020%2ff4%2fnlc008388.6942.gif&Ecopy=nlc008388.6942
- ^ Paris, Russ. The Jackson Browne Fan Page, COMPLETE DISCOGRAPHY. Accessed July 11, 2012.
- ^ Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (doc). Australian Chart Book, St Ives, N.S.W. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- ^ "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca.
- ^ Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-1990 - ISBN 0-89820-089-X
- ^ Whitburn, Joel (1993). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961–1993. Record Research. p. 35.
- ^ Cash Box Top 100 Singles, October 31, 1982
- ^ Musicoutfitters.com
- ^ Cash Box Year-End Charts: Top 100 Pop Singles, December 25, 1982