This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||April 20, 1954
Seoul, South Korea
|Alma mater||Chonbuk National University (March 1973 – February 1975)|
Non-vascular stentFounder of SGI (Society of Gastrointestinal Intervention)
|Fields||Department of Radiology|
|Institutions||Asan Medical Center|
|Doctoral advisor||Hyung-Rho Kim|
Song Ho-young (born April 20, 1954) is a South Korean radiologist. He studied at the Chonbuk National University (March 1973 – February 1975) and now works at the Asan Medical Center. He is the founder of the Society of Gastrointestinal Intervention (SGI).
He received an undergraduate degree from the College of Liberal Art sand Science Chonbuk National University in 1973, followed by a MD from the College of Medicine - Chonbuk National University in 1975. He then did an internship and a radiology residency at the Chonbuk National University Hospital. In 1982 he received an M.S.from the Graduate School of Chonbuk National University; in 1987, he received a Ph.D. from that university.
Academic and professional career
From 1986 to 1993 Song was on the faculty ofc Chonbuk National University Medical School, rising in rank from Instructor to Associate Professor. From 1993 to the present he has been a member of the faculty of Asan Medical Center University of Ulsan College of Medicine, rising in rank from Associate Professor to Professor; he has served as the Chairman, Department of Radiology.
He has been a visiting professor at the University of Tokyo M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, the University of Pennsylvania, Oregon Health Sciences University, Louisiana State University Medical School, University of Lund, Sweden, Minimally Invasive Surgery Centre, Caceres, Spain, and Osaka City University.
From 1996 to 2000 he was Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the Korean Interventional Radiological Society.
Society memberships and offices
- Korean Radiological Society (1983–present)
- Korean Society of Medical Ultrasound (1983–present) Korean Society of Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology (1994–present)
- Korean Bronchoesophagological Society (2002–present)
- Korean Society of Medical Biochemistry and Melecular Biology (1998–present)
- Radiological Society of NorthAmerica (1989–present)
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRSE) (1999–present)
- Korean Institute of Medicine (May 2004 – present)
- Society of Interventional Radiology, US (2006–present)
- Society of Gastrointestinal Intervention, (2007–present); President, 2010-2011
- Outstanding Korean in 1996, President Kim Young-sam appointments (December 13, 1996)
- The 2008 Most Distinguished Scientist Award, from President Lee Myung-bak (April 21, 2008)
- Honorary Membership of the European Society of Radiology (ESR) (March 6, 2009)
- Honorary Membership of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), (November 30, 2009)
- Radiological Society of North America. Honorary Members.  accessed Dec 30, 3025
- ^ Radiology 268(1):281-7 (2013)
- ^ Ann Thorac Surg 94(6):1862-8 (2012)
- ^ Qual Life Res 21(8):1451-7 (2012)
- ^ Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 69(3):655-63 (2012)
- ^ Radiology. 261(3):969-75 (2011)