Sonic Boom (1987 video game)
Source Software (EU)
|Mode(s)||up to 2 players|
|Arcade system||Sega System 16|
|Display||320 x 224|
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2013)|
The player, piloting an airplane fighter, begins with a single gun (as with most scrolling shooters) and can power up by collecting power ups dropped by certain colored enemies. The power ups can add a ship to the fighter's left and right sides and increase shot power and range. They can also drop bombs, which can wipe out all weak enemies on screen and do massive damage to stronger enemies.
Sonic Boom received mixed to negative reviews.
- "Arcade Release Date". Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Home Computer Release Dates". Retrieved 2013-11-06. at MobyGames
- "Your Sinclair Review". June 1990. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Crash Home Computer Review". June 1990. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Sinclair User Review". June 1990. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Computer and Video Games Review". June 1990. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "Crash Review". May 1988. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "The Games Machine Review". June 1990. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Zzap!64 Review". August 1990. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Amiga Action Review". July 1990. Retrieved 2013-11-09.