Sonoran Arthropod Studies Institute
|Type||501(c)(3) Non-profit corporation|
|Tucson metropolitan area|
The Sonoran Arthropod Studies Institute (established in 1986) is a non-profit organization, located in the Sonoran Desert in Tucson, Arizona, whose mission is to educate the public about arthropods. The Institute routinely conducts field trips and educational visits, as well as maintains a collection of living and preserved arthropods. The Sonoran Arthropod Studies Institute has a membership of about 600. Since 1993, the Sonoran Arthropod Studies Institute has hosted the annual Invertebrates In Education and Conservation Conference in Rio Rico, Arizona. Also, the Institute will be hosting the first annual Medical Entomology Today! conference in Tucson, Arizona in 2011.
- PIMA COUNTY ATTRACTIONS - Sonoran Arthropod Studies Institute http://www.pimacountyattractions.com/attrac.html#anchor219785
- Arizona Insects - Sonoran Arthropod Studies Institute http://www.arizonainsects.com/Articles.php?action=detail&g=content1190674796&pid=652
- Sonoran Arthropod Studies Institute - About SASI http://www.sasionline.org/
- International Association of Butterfly Exhibitors and Suppliers - Why Visit A Butterfly House? "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-06-13. Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- SASI - Medical Entomology Today! http://www.sasionline.org/default.asp?go=2011MET/MET.html[permanent dead link]