|Alma mater||Arts Educational Schools, London|
Sophie-Louise Dann is a British actress, best known for her work in Musical Theatre.
In 2010, Dann played the role of Diana Divane in the new musical Lend Me a Tenor at the Theatre Royal, Plymouth. The production subsequently transferred to the West End in June 2011 in which Dann reprised her role. She received great acclaim for her performance, with Michael Billington writing "Sophie-Louise Dann seizes her moment and gives wonderfully over-the-top potted parodies of Tosca, Violetta and Carmen, while hugging the walls and clawing the furniture in the manner of an old-style soprano". She was nominated for the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Performance in a Supporting Role in a Musical.
In 2014, she played Barbara Castle in the world premiere production of Made in Dagenham. In 2015, she originated the role of Paula in Bend It Like Beckham the Musical at the Phoenix Theatre, London, replacing Ronni Ancona during the rehearsal process.
In 2017, Dann played the role of Celia in the West End production of the musical The Girls, a role which she had previously played when the production premiered at the Grand Theatre, Leeds and The Lowry, Salford. For this role she was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress in a Musical alongside fellow cast members Joanna Riding, Claire Moore, Claire Machin, Debbie Chazen and Michelle Dotrice. On 20 December 2017, the launch of Robert J. Sherman's A Spoonful of Sherman UK/Ireland tour was announced. Sophie-Louise Dann will be a featured performer in the show alongside Mark Read, Glen Facey and Jenna Innes and Ben Stock.
- "Big Interview: Sophie-Louise Dann". West End Frame. 2014-05-20. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- "Kelly & Humbley Star in West End Lend Me a Tenor". WhatsOnStage.com. 2012-08-07. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- Billington, Michael (2011-06-15). "review". the Guardian. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- Singh, Anita (2012-03-15). "Olivier Awards: full list of nominations". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- Shenton, Mark (2014-08-01). "Complete Casting Announced for New West End Musical Made in Dagenham, Based on Film". Playbill. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- Bannister, Rosie (2012-08-07). "Sophie-Louise Dann replaces Ronni Ancona in Bend It Like Beckham". WhatsOnStage.com. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- Bowie-Sell, Daisy (6 March 2017). "Full list of Olivier Award nominees announced". Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- BWW News Desk (December 20, 2017). "Sherman Brothers Musical to Tour UK". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Cheesman, Neil (December 20, 2017). "First Tour Dates Announced for A Spoonful of Sherman". London Theatre 1. Retrieved 22 December 2017.