Sophie Robinson (designer)
|Residence||Brighton, East Sussex, England|
|Education||The Kingsley School, Brighton University|
|Occupation||Interior stylist, designer, journalist, presenter|
|Years active||Since 2000 (journalism)|
|Known for||The Great Interior Design Challenge, 60 Minute Makeover, Cowboy Builders|
Education and career
Robinson attended Kingsley School in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. Later, she studied 3D design at Brighton University in the late 1990s, intending to become a product or furniture designer.
After graduating in 1997, Robinson moved to London where she had a workshop at Cockpit Arts, a social enterprise scheme which supports people to grow businesses. She initially began assisting with interior design projects to help pay her rent, which led to a career working on shopping pages in magazines before her first full-time job as an in-house stylist for the BBC Good Homes magazine from 2000 to 2005. She then became a freelance interior designer for eleven years in London before moving back to Brighton where she continues to work as a freelance interior stylist, designer and journalist.
Robinson also runs interior design Masterclass courses with fellow judge on The Great Interior Design Challenge, Daniel Hopwood and presents interior design videos on the YouTube channel Sophie Robinson.
For five years, Robinson was an on-screen designer for ITV's 60 Minute Makeover. She has appeared on Channel 5's Cowboy Builders. In January 2014, she became one of the judges on BBC 2's The Great Interior Design Challenge. Robinson left the show as lead judge after the third series to take a "complete career break" to spend time with her son, but was a guest judge during the fourth series. She was replaced on the show by interior designer Kelly Hoppen.
- "Former Kingsley girl is BBC judge". leamingtoncourier.co.uk. Archived from the original on February 24, 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2016.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Kingsley (Royal Leamington Spa)". guidetoindependentschools.com. Archived from the original on February 24, 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2016.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Great Interior Design Challenge: Meet the Designer- Sophie Robinson, Judge on BBC2's Design Show". thechromologist.com. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- Kwiscombe, Sarah. "A CUP OF TEA WITH: SOPHIE ROBINSON, INTERIOR STYLIST AND PRESENTER". sarahkwiscombe.com. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "Cockpit Arts Open Studios in Holborn". craftscouncil.org.uk. Archived from the original on February 24, 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2016.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- McGuire, Jane. "Sophie Robinson – the Great Interior Designer". hotcourses.com. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "About". sophierobinson.co.uk. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "Sophie Robinson YouTube channel". YouTube.com/sophierobinson. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "Hello! I'm Sophie Robinson – an Interior stylist, designer and journalist". sophierobinsoninteriors.co.uk. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- Bullock, Andrew (3 August 2016). "The Great Interior Design Challenge given primetime slot as Kelly Hoppen joins as judge". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- Robinson, Sophie (24 July 2016). "Breaking News! I won't be returning to The Great Interior Design Challenge. – Sophie Robinson". Sophie Robinson. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- H-G, Rachel. "Speedqueens - Sophie Robinson". speedqueens.blogspot.co.uk. Archived from the original on February 24, 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2016.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Sophie Robinson stylist superstar". wallpaperdirect.com. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Sophie Robinson official website sophierobinson.co.uk