A. Sophie Wade
|Education||B.A. (Oriental Studies), M.B.A.|
|Alma mater||Oxford University, INSEAD|
Sophie Wade is a businessperson, founder and Workforce Innovation Specialist of consulting firm Flexcel Networks. She is the author of the book Embracing Progress: Next steps for the Future of work and a speaker on Future-of-Work issues. She serves on the Presidents’ Assembly Steering Committee of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) after serving as the President of the New York City chapter of NAWBO 2015-17.
Early life and career
Wade was born and grew up in London, England. Wade has a B.A. degree from Oxford University in Oriental Studies (Chinese) and an MBA degree from INSEAD business school in France. She lived and worked in London, Hong Kong, France, Germany, Europe and U.S.A. In her career, she has worked at or consulted with large corporations as well as startups in strategy and finance roles assisting entrepreneurs and major corporations to build teams and ventures and create partnerships. In 2011, she founded Flexcel Network initially to advocate for and expand the implementation of workplace flexibility. She is a writer and speaker on the Future of Work, talent management, employer branding, career transitioning and portfolio careers, as well as flexible working.
- Wade, A. Sophie (2017). Embracing Progress: Next Steps for the Future of Work. Advantage Media Group. ISBN 9781599327853.
In her book, she described approaches for workforce development. Approaches described by her include adapting new technologies, engagement through culture and mindset, good leadership, transparency, and empathy, coaching for productivity, performance, and creativity, focusing on values, cultural impact, and environmental issues, treating freelancers and contractors as employees.
- "NAWBO Central & Northern New Jersey - Managing For Success by Sophie Wade and Ask The Expert with Zion Kim". www.nawbocentraljersey.org. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- "National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO-NYC)". The New York Public Library. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- Hahm, Melody (2 May 2017). "Companies need to embrace freelancers if they want to survive". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Dealing with the evolving workplace". The Hindu Business Line. 2017-08-16. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- "Sophie Wade on the Fast Leader Show - Future of Work". www.fastleader.net. 9 August 2017.
- Pofeldt, Elaine. "As More People Try Freelancing, Gig-Economy Challenges Loom". Forbes.
- https://womensleadership.hmscme.com/sites/womensleadership.hmscme.com/files/course-info/Women%27s%20Leadership%20D20_WEB.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "NAWBO Central & Northern New Jersey - Managing For Success by Sophie Wade and Ask The Expert with Zion Kim". www.nawbocentraljersey.org.
- "The biggest problem faced by this generation of workers". 5 May 2017.
- "6 Ways You Can Improve Employee Satisfaction". 16 June 2017.
- "Dealing with the evolving workplace". 16 August 2017.
- Zwilling, Martin (6 May 2017). "How To Put Fun And Satisfaction Back Into Your Work". HuffPost.
- "Flexibility, Fairness, Trust, Empowerment Make Work Human". 27 July 2017.