South of Sanity
|South of Sanity|
|Directed by||Mathew Edwards|
|Written by||Matthew Edwards|
|Distributed by||Plue Entertainment Inc|
South of Sanity is a 2012 British horror film directed, filmed, edited and produced by Kirk F. Watson and written and co-directed by Matthew Edwards, both of whom star in the film. The film was released on 31 October 2012 and is the first full-length fictional film to have been shot in Antarctica.
The film takes place in Antarctica, centering around a rescue team that was sent to the Routledge research station to investigate a research team's lack of communication with the outside world. Once there, the team discovers no survivors in the research station but finds a diary that describes the research team's last days. The diary goes over the research team's growing malcontent and paranoia as the team is picked off one by one by a mysterious killer.
- Mathew Edwards as Rob
- Kirk Watson as Gaz
- Melissa Langridge as Katrina
- Daniel Edmunds as Sam
- Matt Von Tersch as Frank
- Tony McLaughlan as Phil
- Shaun Scopes as Joe
- Riet Van de Velde as Luke
- James Wake as Nicolas
- Jonathon Yates as Doug
- Dave Routledge as Mike
- Mike Shortt
- Terri Souster as Sharon
- Paul Craske as Matt
Watson began working on the film while working for the British Antarctic Survey, seeing the film as a way to pass time and "hone his film-making". Matt Edwards initially wrote the script as a short story, but chose to adapt it into a screenplay. Fellow staff members made up the cast and crew, with Edwards and Watson both starring in the film. The crew used a children's face painting kit for makeup and utilized food coloring and syrup for fake blood.
- "Reel South Pole adventure for Kirk". Donside Piper and Herald. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "Scot shoots first fictional feature in Antarctica". BBC News. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Le premier film tourné en Antarctique". Journal de Montreal. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "How an Aviemore mountaineer fought off boredom on Antarctica mission ... by making a chilling horror movie". Herald Scotland. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "First horror movie shot in Antarctica". Wired UK. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- Wade, Joseph (13 June 2013). "The Internship; V/H/S/2; The Iceman; Frances Ha; South of Sanity". somethingawful.com. Something Awful. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
|This article related to a British film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2010s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|