The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Film production company|
|Industry||Documentary films, feature films, independent films|
|Founders||Nick Francis and Marc Francis|
Speakit Films is a British film production company established in 2004 by writer, director and producer team Nick Francis and Marc J. Francis.
The company is best known for the award winning 2006 Sundance hit Black Gold and the acclaimed BBC, ARTE and VPRO co-production When China Met Africa. Their work has been supported by the Sundance Institute, the Channel 4 British Documentary Film Foundation, the UK Film Council, CNC and EU Media Fund.
Speakit's films have been released in cinemas and on television in over 40 countries around the world (e.g.: BBC, Channel 4, Arte France, PBS, NHK, Al-Jazeera, NRK, SVT, VPRO, YLE, National Geographic and SABC).
In addition to producing feature documentaries for international audiences, Speakit makes short films and works with organizations to help them tell their own story.
- Black Gold (2006)
- When China Met Africa (2010)
- Madam President (2012)
- A Life on Hold (2012)
- Rain is Beautiful (2012)
- "Black Gold". Sundance Institute. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Black Gold". Channel 4 British Documentary Film Foundation. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "European Film Promotion - Film Sales Support". UK Film Council. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "BBC News - Live interview with Black Gold Directors Marc and Nick Francis and Kraft". BBC News 24. 2006. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Inedits et productions en cours" (PDF). ARTE France. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Credits". Speakit Films. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "When China Met Africa Release Dates". IMDB.com. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
|This article about a media company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film production company or film distributor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|