Executive Magistrate of Bangladesh
|Names||Government of Bangladesh|
|Bangladesh Civil Service (Administration)|
|Competencies||Analytical mind, critical thinking, impartiality, common sense|
|Usually experienced as an Executive and Judicial Officer (varies by jurisdiction)|
|Court, Executive and Managerial Duty|
|Judge, Bangladesh Civil Service, Barrister, solicitor, prosecutor|
Executive Magistrate (Bengali: নির্বাহী ম্যাজিস্ট্রেট) is the Magistrate of the executive organ of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. The members of the Bangladesh Civil Service (Administration) i.e. Bangladesh Administrative Service are the Executive Magistrates. They usually exercise vast executive and limited judicial power in their respective jurisdiction.
Types of executive magistrate
According to the section-10(6) of the Code of Criminal Procedure,1898; members of Bangladesh Civil Service(Administration), the Assistant Commissioner, Upozila Nirbahi Officer, and Additional Deputy Commissioners can be executive magistrate and may exercise the power of executive magistrate within their existing respective local areas.
In every Administrative District, there are following Executive Magistrates:-
- District Magistrate (DM): In every district and in every Metropolitan Area, the Government shall appoint as many persons as it thinks fit to be Executive Magistrates and shall appoint one of them to be the District Magistrate.
- Additional District Magistrate (ADM):The Government may also appoint any Executive Magistrate to be an Additional District Magistrate.
- Additional Deputy Commissioner(ADC): All the ADC's in the district are Executive Magistrate.
- Upazila Nirbahi Officer: (Sub-District/Upazila Executive Officer)
- Assistant Commissioner: including Senior Assistant Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner (Land
- Executive Magistrate, District Administration
- Executive Magistrate, All Airports of Bangladesh
- Executive Magistrate, Chittagong Port
- Executive Magistrate, Dhaka North & South City Corporation
- Executive Magistrate, Chittagong City Corporation
- Executive Magistrate, Water Supply and Sewerage Authority(WASA)
- Executive Magistrate, Department of Environment
- Executive Magistrate, Dhaka Metropolitan Police
- Executive Magistrate, Chittagong Metropolitan Police
- Executive Magistrate, Rajshahi Metropolitan Police
- Executive Magistrate, Bangladesh Road and Transport Authority(BRTA)
- Executive Magistrate, Rapid Action Battalion(RAB)
- Executive Magistrates of the Roman Empire
- District Administration,Rangamati
- Upazila Nirbahi Officer