Special Rapporteur on Women's Rights in Africa
|This article does not cite any references (sources). (December 2011)|
The Special Rapporteur on Women's Rights in Africa (SRRWA) is an official of the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights (ACHPR) charged with reinforcing and promoting women's rights in the countries of the African Union. The Rapporteur also bears specific responsibilities with respect to the Protocol on the Rights of Women in Africa, better known as the Maputo Protocol.
- Commissioner Julienne Ondziel Gnelenga, served from 1998–2001, retired when her time with the Commission ended.
- Commissioner Angela Melo, October 2001 – November 2007
- Maître Soyata Maïga, November 2007 –
- Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Women in Africa, official page, ACHPR website.
- Video interview with Soyata Maïga, French only with English transcript, website of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, filmed January 27, 2008