|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
A sports package is a set of cosmetic and functional enhancements that can be added to a vehicle, sold and priced as a unit.
In an SUV or light truck this may include special racks or tiedowns for transport of off-road recreational vehicles and other equipment.
For a sedan or coupe the package combines elements of the following packages:
- Performance package - a more powerful motor, perhaps including increased displacement, higher compression, or a turbocharger or supercharger and may include special wheels of light weight
- Handling package - Harder suspension bushings, enhanced shock absorber, and anti-roll bar. Modern versions typically include special wheels and tires.
- Trim package - often with bold graphics or special paint colors
- Special aerodynamic bodywork, often with a chin spoiler, side skirts, and a fixed rear foil or powered flap or spoiler to increase downforce at high speed
- Car model
- Automotive trim nomenclature
- Handling package
- Navigation package
- Performance package
- Safety package
- Sports package
- Trim package (sometimes as appearance package)
|This article about an automotive part or component is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|