This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
TIBCO Spotfire is an analytics platform. It was[clarification needed] a business intelligence company based in Somerville, Massachusetts that was bought by TIBCO in 2007. The new A(X) version was launched in November 2018 and includes natural language search and AI-powered insights, a new user interface, automated data flows, and real-time data streams.
Spotfire's origins trace back to the University of Maryland Human-Computer Interaction Lab at the University of Maryland, College Park where, a visiting student from Sweden in the early 1990s, Christopher Ahlberg, worked with Ben Shneiderman to develop applications of dynamic queries. Ahlberg returned to Sweden and developed an enhanced UNIX implementation of his visual data analysis tool, the Information Visualization and Exploration Environment (IVEE). Spotfire was launched in mid-1996 by IVEE Development, which was renamed Spotfire Inc.
TIBCO Spotfire is widely used, customers include JetBlue, University of Chicago Medicine research, Equifax, General Mills, and Accor Hotels. As of 2018[update], the latest version is Spotfire X. Spotfire X incorporates natural language query (NLQ) powered search, AI-driven recommendations, and model-based processing.
- Business intelligence software
- Visual analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Dynamic queries, starfield displays, and the path to Spotfire (By Ben Shneiderman, February 4, 1999, updated July 26, 2007) Accessed May 18, 2009
- TIBCO kauft Spotfire
- Datta, Saheli S.R. (October 1, 2006). "Spotfire's predictive technology helps companies mine data". CNNMoney.com.
Spotfire, a Business-intelligence software company based in Somerville
- "Tibco launches Spotfire 4.0 with Microsoft SharePoint integration | V3". http://www.v3.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-06-12. External link in
- Inc., TIBCO Software. "TIBCO Announces the AI-Powered A(X) Experience for Spotfire". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- Spotfire X