St Helen's Church, Stapleford
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from St. Helen's Church, Stapleford)
|St. Helen's Church, Stapleford|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Diocese||Southwell and Nottingham|
The cross may be the origin of the name 'Stapleford' which means a crossing near a post.
- Robert Tevery, died 1571
- Gervase Tevery, died 1639
- George John Borlase Warren, died 1801
Current parish status
St. Helen's Church Stapleford has a daughter church, St. Luke's Church Stapleford
- Historic England. "CHURCH OF ST HELEN (1248029)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Historic England. "ANGLO SAXON CROSS 50 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST HELEN (1278059)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Historic England. "Anglian high cross in the churchyard of St Helen's Church (1012870)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus. 1979. The Buildings of England:Nottinghamshire. page 336. Harmondsworth, Middx. Penguin.
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|