St. Sergius Orthodox Theological Institute
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Rector||Archbishop Gabriel (de Vylder) of Komana|
|Dean||Archpriest Nicolas Ozoline|
|Campus||93, rue de Crimée 75019 Paris, France|
|Affiliations||Institut supérieur d'études œcuméniques|
The Institut de théologie orthodoxe Saint-Serge (St. Sergius Orthodox Theological Institute) in Paris, France, is a private school of higher education in Orthodox theology, founded in 1925 in conformity with French legislation and the norms of European university education, accredited by the Académie de Paris. The mission of the St. Sergius Institute is to form educated priests and laypeople, intending to serve actively the Orthodox Church and representing it in the ecumenical dialogue, as well as in the religious and cultural life of their own country. It is under the canonical jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Exarchate in Western Europe, under the omophorion of the Ecumenical Patriarchate.
The St. Sergius Institute:
- Offers a complete program of licentiate, masters and doctoral degrees
- Serves as a centre of theological education by correspondence
- Is a centre of pastoral training
- Provides teaching in the sacred arts, iconography and liturgical singing
- Serves as a laboratory for research in religious history and science
- Contains a library of more than 35,000 books and rare journals
- Is a place of meeting and colloquia, including the annual "Liturgical Week" sessions
Teaching is in the French language. There is a charge for following courses and scholarships are available.
- George Khodr - Greek Orthodox Metropolitan of Mount Lebanon
- Ignatius IV (Hazim) - Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch and All the East
- John Meyendorff
- Alexander Schmemann
- "Formation Théologique par Correspondance - Institut de Théologie Orthodoxe Saint-Serge". Saint-serge.net. Archived from the original on 21 August 2014. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Institut de Théologie Orthodoxe Saint-Serge". Saint-serge.net. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Institut de théologie orthodoxe Saint-Serge.|
|This Eastern Orthodox Christianity-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This seminary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|