Staber Industries, Inc. is a manufacturer of residential laundry home appliances, with a headquarteres in Groveport, Ohio. The products they currently manufacture include a washing machine, a clothes dryer, and a clothes drying cabinet.
Staber Industries, Inc. was founded in 1976 by James E. Staber. For the first two decades, the company's specialization was the remanufacturing of washing machine transmissions for such companies as Whirlpool, G.E., Maytag, and Speed Queen. 
In the 1990s, Staber Industries began to shift its resources to the development of its own line of residential laundry appliances. The current product line includes a high efficiency top-loading horizontal-axis washing machine, a clothes dryer, and a clothes drying cabinet.
The Staber washing machine is the only top loaded horizontal-axis washing machine to be manufactured in the United States. The horizontal-axis configuration uses approximately 60% less water for a wash cycle than a traditional top loading washer. Because of this, the Staber washing machine has earned an Energy Star rating for high efficiency.
The wash tub is hexagonal and constructed of laser-perforated stainless steel, spinning above a half-octagonal stainless steel base. Because the distance between the spinning tub and the base is in constant flux, water is force-injected through the perforations into the clothes. Staber Industries received a patent for this wash tub configuration in 1994.
Staber appliances are available domestically and internationally to consumers by way of their online store, and also through a network of hundreds of authorized dealers throughout the United States and Canada.
- "About us".
- Rose, Robert L. (March 21, 1994) "A Small Company Puts a New Spin on Washers", The Wall Street Journal, p. B1
- Bonnema, Lisa (September 2004) "The Spin Cycle". Appliance Magazine, p. 54
- (July 1994) "Six-Sided Washtub Boosts Cleaning Power" Popular Science, p. 35
- Clothes washing machine - Patent 5275026
- Melville, Bill (November 2003) "Capitalizing on Rickenbacker". Columbus Monthly p. 20
- Advanced Energy Solution Website Staber Company History
- Williams, Brian (September 4, 1999) "New Plant Cleans Away Rusty Image: Staber Industries’ Specialty Washers Add Modern Technology to a Staple Appliance". The Columbus Dispatch, p. 1G
- Clark, M.J. (September 23, 2005) "Family-Owned Firm is Ohio's Best Kept Secret in Washing Machines". Business First of Columbus
- MacLaren, Mary Ann (January/February 2005) "Top Loading Front Loader Looking for Niche Market". Great Lakes & Ohio Valley Retail News, p. 1.
- Brehm, Jeff (November 1994) "Washing Clothes: A Whole New Angle". Country Living, p. 8
- Hodl, James J. (July 2005) "When the Old Washer is Dead, Sell the Replacement". Marcone World, p. 11