|Field size||105 x 68 m|
|Videoton FC (2018–)|
On 12 November 2014, the design of the new stadium was revealed at press conference held by László Vigh and András Cser-Palkovics, mayor of Székesfehérvár. Three new stands are going to be built. The main stand is going to be renewed. The reconstruction is going to start in autumn 2015. The expected finish of the construction is going to be the end of 2016. During the 2015-16 season the club are going to play their matches at the Pancho Arena in Felcsút, Fejér County.
On 18 September 2015, it was announced that the demolition of the current stadium is going to be in January 2016.
On 10 December 2015, András Cser-Palkovics said that a totally new multi-use stadium will be built creating the Vidi-city. He emphasised the importance of the reconstruction of the neighbouring parks, routes and buildings. The demolition will kick off on 14 December 2015 and the new stadium will be opnened in 2017. During that period the trainings for the club will be in Székesfehérvár. However, the Nemzeti Bajnokság I matches will be played at the Pancho Arena, in Felcsút.
On 14 October 2016, it was revealed by feol.hu that the construction might start within days as soon as the contracts are signed by all parties. The feol.hu website also adds that the opening will be further delayed due to the late start of the constructions.
On 23 November 2016 the construction officially started.
On 7 February 2017, László Horváth, project manager of Sóstó Konzorcium, said that the first phase of the construction ended. The demolition of the interior of the remaining main stand ended. The concrete of the demolished parts of the main stand will be reused in the building of the new stands. The Sóstó Konzorcium will have 14 months to finish the construction of the stadium.
On 13 March 2017, László Horváth, project manager of Sóstó Konzorcium, said that thanks to the mild winter the construction of the new stadium is in good progress. The construction of the base of the stands were finished in March.
On 27 March 2017, it was confirmed that the construction of the stadium would be finished by 16 January 2018. Péter Gönczöl, managing director of Strabag-MML Kft., said that the construction is in the most spectacular phase when the biggest panels are positioned into their places. András Cser-Palkovics, mayor of Székesfehérvár, said that due to the sever weather conditions during winter the construction could be finished by the deadline. Róbert Varga, director of Strabag-Hungary, added that the new stadium will be able to hosz 14,201 spectators and the stadium will be lying on a base of 10,199 square metres and the highest point of the stadium will be 21.28 metres.
On 4 April 2017 new pictures were revealed on Nemzeti Sport about the construction. It was also confirmed by the official webitse of Videoton that the construction will be finished by 16 January 2018.
|January 2018||Videoton||v||T.B.D.||2017–18 Nemzeti Bajnokság I
As of 11 April 2017.
- "Sóstói Stadion". Stadiumdb.com. 10 February 2015.
- "Videoton: ilyen lesz a megújuló Sóstói Stadion - látványtervek". Nemzeti Sport. 12 November 2014.
- "Videoton: januárban kezdődik a Sóstói Stadion bontása". Nemzeti Sport. 18 September 2015.
- "Videoton: az új stadionnal egy Vidi-város jön létre". Nemzeti Sport. 10 December 2015.
- "Videoton: hamarosan kezdődhet a Sóstói Stadion felújítása". Nemzeti Sport. 14 October 2016.
- "Videoton: elkezdődött a Sóstói Stadion építése". Nemzeti Sport. 24 November 2016.
- "Videoton: az ütemtervnek megfelelően halad a stadionépítés – képek". Nemzeti Sport. 7 February 2017.
- "Videoton: így állnak a stadionépítési munkák – képek". Nemzeti Sport. 13 March 2017.
- "Videoton: időben kész lesz a Sóstói Stadion – képek, videó". Nemzeti Sport. 27 March 2017.
- "Videoton: friss képek a Sóstói Stadion építési munkálatairól". Nemzeti Sport. 4 April 2017.