Standard Army Maintenance System – Enhanced
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Standard Army Maintenance System-Enhanced (SAMS-E) SAMS-E is a United States Army Logistics Information System considered a mission critical system that supports Combat Services Support (CSS) Table of Organization and Equipment (TO&E) unit level maintenance elements, Field and Sustainment maintenance shop production activities, and Maintenance managers from the battalion to wholesale levels. SAMS-E was created by MAT after receiving the initial Army contract in 2004McLane Advanced Technologies (MAT) in Temple, Texas.[when?] On February 12, 2012 MAT announced the successful release of version 13.01.06 for SAMS-E.
SAMS-E was developed by MAT after being awarded the initial contract in 2004 for modernizing the army's various computer programs (ULLS-G, SAMS-1, SAMS-2, and SAMS I/TDA). McLane also received follow-on contracts in 2006 and 2010 for product development. These two contracts totaled $143M.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 and Windows Server
- Database: Oracle
- Languages: C#, Visual Studio.NET
- Hardware: COTS notebooks, host, printer and AIT equipment (handheld device, wireless access point, encoder/decoder)
SAMS-E consists of SAMS-1E and SAMS-2E. Although not part of the SAMS they communicate with the SARSS system. It replaces and enhances the ULLS-G (Unit Level Logistics-Ground), SAMS-1 and SAMS-2 legacy systems by:
- incorporating the Windows graphical user interface
- integrating the Windows operating system
- merging functionality of ULLS-G into SAMS-1.
This effort[which?] was a maintenance systems modernization initiative which allowed SAMS-E to act as a bridge between current functionality and future systems. SAMS-E modernizes[how?] the following functions:
- Automated unit level maintenance, supply, and readiness reporting functions
- Day-to-day weapon system and sub-component readiness status
- Maintenance and related repair parts information
- Management functions from the tactical direct support (DS)/general support (GS) level maintenance activities and supports the transition to the Field and Sustainment Maintenance concept (Two-Levels of Maintenance[which?])
SAMS-E will be replaced by the Global Combat Support System-Army.
- McLane Maintenance Management System (MMS)-MMS is a commercial fleet management software program that builds upon's MAT's knowledge gained in developing similar products for large customers like the US Army.
- "McLane Advanced Technologies Releases Latest Version of Standard Army Maintenance System – Enhanced (SAMS-E)". Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- "SAMS-E AKO Web Page". Retrieved 2012-06-07.
|This United States military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This computing article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|