||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Zaczyk was born in Nowy Sącz, Poland. In 1945, he graduated from the Theatre Studio near The Old Theatre, Kraków. In the same year, he made his acting debut in Pierre Corneille's Le Cid portraying a page in the stages of The Old Theatre. From 1946 through 1950, he performed on stages in Jelenia Góra and Wrocław. He then returned to Kraków and became an actor at the Juliusz Słowacki Theatre. Since 1960, Zaczyk acted on Warsaw theatre stages such as Narodowy Theatre (1960–1963, 1965–1968), The Polish Theatre (1963–1965), Ataneum Theatre (1969–1974), and the Powszechny Theatre (1974–1975). He made his film debut in 1945 in 2+2=4 directed by Antoni Bohdziewicz.
Selected theatre roles
His notable roles in Juliusz Słowacki Theatre, Kraków include:
- Poet in The Wedding written by Stanisław Wyspiański (1956)
- Konrad in Wyzwolenie written by Wyspiański (1957)
- Tzar in Kordian written by Juliusz Słowacki (1957)
- Szczęsny in Horsztyński written by Słowacki (1959).
His notable roles in Warsaw theatres include:
- Ivan in The Brothers Karamazov written by Fyodor Dostoevsky (1963)
- Senator in Dziady written by Adam Mickiewicz (1964)
- Stroop in Conversations with an Executioner written by Kazimierz Moczarski (1978)
- The Mayor in An Enemy of the People written by Henrik Ibsen (1979).
- 2+2=4 directed by Antoni Bohdziewicz (1945)—A debut film role
- Ostatni etap directed by Wanda Jakubowska (1948)
- Rok pierwszy directed by Witold Lesiewicz (1960)
- Mansarda directed by Konrad Nałęcki (1963)
- Popioły directed by Andrzej Wajda (1965)
- Zaklęte rewiry directed by Janusz Majewski (1975)
- Romans Teresy Hennert directed by Ignacy Gogolewski (1978)
- Paciorki jednego różańca directed by Kazimierz Kutz (1980)
Honours and awards
- Commander's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta (1979; previously awarded the Knight's Cross, 1969)
- Gold Cross of Merit (1956)
- Medal of the 10th anniversary of the Polish People's Republic (1955)
- Badge of Merit in Culture (1968)
- "Zaczyk Stanisław". Internetowa encyklopedia PWN (in Polish). Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- "Zaczyk Stanisław". WIEM Encyclopedia (in Polish). Retrieved 2007-05-17.