From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Stanleigh Mine is an abandoned uranium mine located approximately 3 km northeast of Elliot Lake, Ontario, owned and operated by Rio Algom Ltd. The site has been rehabilitated and is currently undergoing environmental monitoring.
Other mines in the area
- Spanish American Mine
- Can-Met Mine
- Milliken Mine
- Panel Mine
- Denison Mine
- Stanrock Mine
- Quirke Mine(s)
- Pronto Mine
- Buckles Mine
- Lacnor Mine
- Nordic Mine
- Rio Algom Ltd (2001). "Elliot Lake Uranium Mine Site Reclamation: Information Package" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- "Stanleigh Mine". InfoMine. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- "Project Introduction Report - Stanleigh Mine Treatment Facility" (PDF). Denison Environmental Services. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- "Elliot Lake Uranium Mines". MiningWatch Canada. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- "CIM Bulletin - The Story of Elliot Lake". Canadian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
|This article about mining is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|