Sir Stanley Jeffrey Burnton (born 25 October 1942) is a British lawyer and former Lord Justice of Appeal.
Burnton was educated at Hackney Downs Grammar School. He studied jurisprudence at St Edmund Hall, Oxford, and graduated from the University of Oxford 1964 with a first class Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree.
Burnton was appointed a High Court judge on 19 July 2000, receiving the customary knighthood, and assigned to the Queen's Bench Division. He was promoted, being named a Lord Justice of Appeal on 21 April 2008.
- "The Rt Hon Sir Stanley Burnton". St Edmund Hall. University of Oxford. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Court of Appeal—Retirement of Lord Justice Burnton" (Press release). Ministry of Justice. 25 October 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "No. 55921". The London Gazette. 24 July 2000. p. 8103.
- "No. 58679". The London Gazette. 25 April 2008. p. 6384.
- "Sir Stanley Burnton appointed Interception of Communications Commissioner". GOV.UK. Prime Minister's Office. 4 November 2015. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Honorary Fellows". St Edmund Hall. University of Oxford. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
|This United Kingdom law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|