Statute Law Committee
The Statute Law Committee was appointed for the purpose of superintending the publication of the first revised edition of the statutes in the United Kingdom. It also prepared the bills for Statute Law Revision Acts up to, and including, the Statute Law Revision Act 1966.
- To consider the steps necessary to bring the Statute Book up to date by consolidation, revision, and otherwise, and to superitend the publication and indexing of statutes, revised statutes, and statutory instruments.
- Ilbert, Sir Courtney Peregrine. Legislative Methods and Forms. Oxford. 1901. Reprinted by the Lawbook Exchange Ltd. 2008. Pages 64 to 66. Ditigitized copy from Google Books.
- Halsbury's Statutes. Fourth Edition. 2008 Reissue. Volume 41. Page 691.
- Halsbury's Laws of England. Fourth Edition. Reissue. Butterworths. London. 1995. Volume 44(1). Note 1 to paragraph 1251 at page 741.
- The Statutes Revised Third Edition. HMSO. 1950. Volume I. Page x.
- Halsbury's Laws of England Fourth Edition. Reissue. Butterworths. London. 1995. Volume 44(1). Note 1 to paragraph 1251 at page 741.