Stay (2013 film)
|Directed by||Wiebke von Carolsfeld|
|Written by||Wiebke von Carolsfeld|
by Aislinn Hunter
|Music by||Robert Marcel Lepage|
|Edited by||Yvann Thibaudeau|
|Distributed by||Entertainment One|
Stay is a 2013 film directed by Wiebke von Carolsfeld, who adapted the story from the Aislinn Hunter novel. The movie stars Taylor Schilling, Aidan Quinn, and Michael Ironside. It is a Canadian-Irish drama film co-production.
(Canada-Ireland) An Amerique Film, Samson Films and Submission Films production. (International sales: Entertainment One, Toronto.) Produced by Paul-Martin Hus, David Collins, Andrew Boutillier, Martina Niland. Executive producer, Mark Slone. Stay was filmed in Connemara, Country Galway, Ireland and Montréal, Québec, Canada.
The movie Stay, based on the novel by Aislinn Hunter, is a movie about troubled young woman Abby (Taylor Schilling) who falls in love with her former professor Dermot (Aiden Quinn). The mismatched couple is very much in love from the first scene of the movie. The couple lives in Ireland where the villagers disapprove of their relationship but they remain content with their situation. But when Abby suddenly gets pregnant and is considering keeping the baby Dermot becomes irritated with her, angrily telling her that he made it clear he has no interest in being a father. Following the announcement of her pregnancy, Abby returns to her childhood home in Montreal to visit her father. Meanwhile, Dermot is deeply upset by her absence and lack of communication, he resorts to drinking. Eventually, dark secrets are revealed about the two individuals, why Dermot doesn’t want to be a father and how Abby’s mother disappeared during her childhood. They must both face the truth of who they are and which path in life to take that will finally lead them home.
- Taylor Schilling as Abbey
- Aidan Quinn as Dermot Fay
- Michael Ironside as Frank
- Brian Gleeson as Liam Meehan
- Barry Keoghan as Sean Meehan
- Rayleen Kenny as Mary Meehan
- Nika McGuigan as Deirdre McGilloway
- Chris McHallem as Michael
- Pascale Montpetit as Celine
- Rebecca fisher as Extra 1
- Brogan Costello as Extra 2
About the Author
Aislinn Hunter is a Canadian author who is currently a faculty member in the Creative Writing department at Kwantlen Polytechnic University. She also teaches part-time at the University but only for one semester to be able to write more than four month a year. Her writing consists of poetry, creative writing, fiction novels and books on lyric essays. She was involved in theatre until she was 18, but eventually got into writing after taking a creative writing class in University. She is a contributing editor at Arc Magazine and has contributed to numerous anthologies. She has a BFA in The History of Art and in Creative Writing from the University of Victoria, an MFA from The University of British Columbia, an MSc in Writing and Cultural Politics from The University of Edinburgh where she has just completed a PhD in English Literature.
Link to the movie trailer.
- "Stay". TIFF. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- Harvey, Dennis (2013-09-19). "Toronto Film Review: 'Stay'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Aislinn Hunter, PhD (In-Progress): Instructor of Creative Writing at Kwantlen Polytechnic University". In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal. 2013-06-05. Retrieved 2018-03-31.
- "Biography | Aislinn Hunter". www.aislinnhunter.com. Retrieved 2018-03-31.
- E Gits Choice (2014-06-05), Stay 2013 Official Movie Trailer HD, retrieved 2018-04-02
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|