Steel dragon (disambiguation)
Steel dragon or Steel Dragon can refer to:
- Steel Dragon, Steel Dragon is the name of a fictitious heavy metal band featuring real musicians, created to appear in the Warner Bros. movie Rock Star (2001), inclusively being responsible for the movie's original soundtrack. The members, especially the lead singers, had an over-the-top look and attitude similar to those seen in some famous hair bands of the 80s.
Guitar work for the band was done by Zakk Wylde (Ozzy Osbourne, Black Label Society), drums by Jason Bonham (Bonham, UFO, Foreigner, Led Zeppelin, Black Country Communion), and bass guitar by Jeff Pilson (Dokken, Dio, Foreigner). The lead singers were Jeff Scott Soto (voicing Bobby Beers) and high pitched Miljenko Matijevic from hair / metal band Steelheart (voicing protagonist Chris "Izzy" Cole).
The story behind the band in the movie was freely based on a curious incident that happened to Judas Priest; their original vocalist Rob Halford was replaced by a fan, Tim 'Ripper' Owens, who was previously the lead singer of a Judas Priest tribute band called British Steel, which may have influenced the name Steel Dragon.
- Steel dragon, the fictional race of dragons in the Dungeons & Dragons Greyhawk campaign setting (also known as Greyhawk dragons)
- Steel Dragon 2000, a roller coaster at Nagashima SpaLand Amusement Park in Nagashima, Japan
- Superior Defender Gundam Force, Steel Dragon was the name of a fictional dragon in this animated television show
- 82nd Field Artillery Regiment (United States), a regiment of the U.S. Army was stationed in Camp Steel Dragon in Iraq in 2004
- A monster in the MMORPG RuneScape.
- Steel Dragon EX, a video game that includes Shienryu and Shienryu Explosion
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Steel dragon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.